Friday, October 19, 2007

This baby of ours...

... is completely testing our limits of endurance.


She had started sleeping through the night pretty early - from 3 months of age. But now she is waking up every three hours after 12 am and WANTS TO PLAY AND TALK!!! Did that last night. Or should I say "this morning"? Poor dad stayed up with her from 3:30 am to 5:30 am. After that I took pity on him and took over :D Put her to bed in 8 minutes flat (yeah, yeah - all you supporters of J WILL say I got her when she was already tired but the fact remains that it was I who soothed her into a sleep :D). She woke up again at 6:30 am. I tell you - she is doing this JUST TO TEST OUR LIMITS!! Anyway, in Kay household these days, nana-nani's shift starts at 6:30 am. So I slept for another half hour after handing her ot my dad. I shudder to think what will become of us once my parents leave.

Before you start bashing me for sleeping soundly while my darling husband deals with the baby, I must tell you that we take turns taking care of her. So one night it's me and the next it is J and so on... Last night happened to be "his night". Hopefully, she will be so tired tonight that she will sleep straight through!

So, anyway - I think she is waking up so often because maybe she is hungry. So, starting this weekend (means tonight), I am going to give her cereal just before bed. Hope that'll hold her for the whole night.

Last night, when J was up with her - or lets say when M was up and J was sleeping with M in his lap, she kept looking at me (I opened my eyes just a "leetal" bit to see who she was speaking with) and calling out to me!! I think she has decided that I will be her playmate during the night. Maybe it is because of that "SuperMom" cape I wear that she thinks I can go without ANY sleep for 3 years in a row! I think I'll hide the cape tonight :D

8 comments:

  1. Harf, harf....I have give up on sleeping all night long, around the 6th month of pregnancy and I don't know and don't think, when I will ever do it....maybe kids should leave home, when they are about 3yrs old, what do u say? So I am with you on this one and here's to Supermom..cheers!!!

    Shobana
    http://mybabynaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe babies are made cute as a survival mechanism from sleepless parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming as it does after your previous post, I'm glad to see the two back to back.

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. the superwoman cape? may i give you a suggestion for it?
    cute it into smaller squares and use as poacha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do old do they get when you don't need to worry about their sleep??!

    Things were going fine with A but looks like he's thinking of ditching his afternoon nap, which makes him REALLY cranky in the evenings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I was lucky in that Mini-me was a good sleeper. Her routine was a bit of rice cereal, then a nice warm bath, followed by a warm bottle and it was lights out until 2-3am. Then it was another warm bottle, no lights or sounds on, and once she was burped and rocked a bit it was back into the crib. It held her til about 6:30-7am most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ceekay,
    I really sympathy you!!! I am also getting up atleast once a night with my 3 month old, but i know the night is coming up sometime soon when he wants to stay up all night.Please wish me that i don't have to go through that because i really need good sleep.
    Hope everything goes smooth on ur side and u had a good sleep over the weekend.
    Sandhiya

    ReplyDelete
  8. There, there now... it's a stage. My Bubs did that last night. After putting 3-year old Apya to sleep (she fought sleep as long as she could) we had to deal with this happy, chortling, gleeful, jumping baby who was *delighted* to entertain us - yawning as we were....

    She's about a year old now, which means that when you put her down, she sits right back up, and starts clapping.

    What can you do, really? The babies' rule :-)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?