Monday, October 22, 2007

It worked. Really!

The idea of giving M cereal before bedtime so she'd be full and sleep longer? It worked!! I knew it would - but it still feels good to actually see it working :) At the same time we are now feeling bad that we kept her hungry all this time :D

Sunday night I had the longest, uninterrupted sleep in weeks. Whats more - M lovvvves the cereal! She gobbles it all up! Can't wait for me to fill up the spoon and bring it back to her :D And she even loves the water that let her sip on! What more could I ask for? A baby who loves her food and drink and sleeps most of the night - thats all!

Oh, and she is becoming chattier by the day! Last night, she woke up at 11:30 for her last feed of the day and was still wide awake after drinking up the milk and cereal concoction that I gave her, and more milk and a diaper change. And she was singing! She grabbed my chin and "sang" at the top of her voice. I didn't have the heart to interrupt her and waited for the song to finish. But another one started after this one - that is when J stepped in, scooped her up and "lullabied" her to sleep :P A good rest was had by all after that. NOT.

That was a curveball, wasn't it? Here I was raving about how M is sleeping through the night and all of a sudden she is not? Well, you see last night J made her cereal and fed her (I was away at a PTO Council meeting). He forgot that my instructions said "2 ounces of MILK + 2 heaped teaspoonfuls of rice cereal" and mixed 2 heaped teaspoons of rice cereal with water instead. M didn't like it and wanted to have nothing to do with it :P So he ended up giving her cereal from the bottle - which was again mixed with water and not milk. As a result, it wasn't filling enough for her and she woke up in 3 hours! But then we did give her milk+cereal then. She woke up again at 4:45 am and had another bottle of milk and then slept for another 3 hours or so - which is unusual. She wakes up in about 1.5 hours after her early morning feed. But all in all, at least M had a good night's sleep even if we didn't!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad cereal is working and you are getting a good night's rest.. never worked with Chip :(

    gosh..your post makes me miss the baby days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this sounds like from a place far far back in time :) But how precious sleep becomes in the early months after baby! One of my batchmates was visiting us a few months fater n4 was born and he was saying something about how little he had slept the last couple of days because of work etc and I thought 'hang on, I've been not sleeping for months!'

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?