Thursday, October 25, 2007

They say I'm a Schmoozah!!

Suki and AA's Mom, that's who!

Enough has been written about what the word "schmoozer" means and how this award might apply to the blogs that have received it. At the risk of sounding preachy, I'll say this (heard it at the latest PTO council meeting) - "Define your own success". What I mean to say is - do not go by what the word means, because the word does conjure up a picture of a smooth talking, a** kissing slicker in one's mind. Instead, look at two things - the intentions of the person passing it on to you and your own interpretation of it. I personally never thought I could "network", unless, of course you are talking about networking computers, servers, switches and such - which is what I do for a living. But Suki and AA's Mom think otherwise. I am flattered! I am flattered that they thought enough of plain ol' me to include me on their list. And I interpret the word "schmoozer" to mean "I am easy to talk to" :) Yeah, thats right! So I AM a schmoozer, a'ight!


So, a BIG "Thank you" again ladies! Your kind words about me are much appreciated. And forgive me, but I am shamelessly going to copy-paste your comments about me here :D









Almost everyone, and there are so many who deserve this, has already received this award. I'd like to pass on this award to a few who come readily to my mind, for the resons stated.



Sandeepa, IndoSunGod, Asha: For their efforts in setting up "Desi Momz Club" where all desi moms "network".



Asha (AGAIN): She is always there with encouraging words and her experiences to guide us. Most of the time, she is the first one to comment on new posts on Desi Momz Club.


DesiMomzClub: It does take a lot of effort to stay an active part of any group (I should know - I am a slacker!). All the members of this group pitch in to make this club a lively and interesting space.



There are so many others who are real big schmoozers (meant it in the most affectionate way people :D) in the blog world. This award is for all of them.



5 comments:

  1. CEE KAY, I totally agree with the comments of AA's mom and Suki about you.

    I humbly accept the award but it was Sandeepa's dynamism, energy and hard work. I am there in name most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :). Glad you like it, and well... that post proves that I wrote nothing wrong about you! :)

    I believe that people seeking an advantage are not at fault. Social skills do not make someone immoral. It is when these skills are used to hide the lack of functional skills - even as open lies - that a person becomes a "climber", to be despised and unmasked.
    So although a**kissing is NOT something I would endorse, I would say that Schmoozing - trying to gain a social connection - is not wrong. In the end, we talk to make a friend - a social connection. There's always give-and-take. It's when things get one-sided that we have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Cee Kay! I really appreciate your award! I think I deserve it too, if I may say so myself! HeeHee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ce Kay

    You totally deserve it.

    As for passing it on to us, I would really appreciate if you pass it on to just DMC as whole instead of just the 3 of us.


    There are more members in the background working on various aspects of the blog much more than us.


    Since DMC is a group blog, I would really appreciate if you pass it on to EVERYONE at DMC, since DMC would never be a forum without all the individual contributions of members and responsibilities that some members have taken up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ceekay - your name reminds me of ceejay from The West Wing and so...I like you already!!

    Well done on the award, I got it too today and since I pretty much HAD to be the last person to deserve it, I think the cycle is now officially over.

    Good to meet you and I WILL BE BACK!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?