We put Ninni in a walker a few days back. This is something I never thought I'd do because I am dead against walkers for babies. (This walker was given to us by a friend, otherwise we wouldn't have purchased one) But she was quite miserable in our arms and didn't like being on the activity mat all day so we thought we'd just put her in the walker for a few minutes and see if she liked it. She is already trying her BEST to sit up so we thought she'd like being in an upright position. Boy! She loved it! She accidentally pushed with her legs and the walker moved backwards. I loved the look on her face! She seemed amazed that she could move on her own :D So she kept doing it and eventually went all the way back and got stuck against the wall. That irritated her. "Here I finally figure out how to move on my own and I am already being hindered??". So we heard a few whiny protests. J picked her up and turned her around. She began pushing again until she reached the opposite wall. Whine. Pick up & turn around. Push. This went on for about 10 minutes or so. Good, clean, family oriented entertainment :P Then she got tired of it and wanted to come out. We haven't repeated it since. Maybe over the weekend. Unfortunately the pics are still in the camera. Will put them up soon.
Now about her efforts to sit up. This little girl is determined to sit up. Any time we prop her up against her Boppy or lay her down on a soft surface (like our bed), she hunches her sholders, balls up her hands into tiny fists, brings them close to her chest, brings her head forward and tries to sit up! Well, if it doesn't work, she will still get abs of steel :D So, Go Girl!!
Lately, mommy dear has found her "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" - Ninni blesses her with big, wide grins throughout the evening (and night). As I mentioned earlier, no matter what I did, she wouldn't smile at me. NEVER. But then last friday I was stuck in traffic and didn't get home until after 9:30 pm. I guess that day she must have thought mama ran away and when I finally came back she decided to throw these smiles my way to keep me from running away again :D
We changed her formula on Sunday and it seems that the new one suits her better. She isn't spitting up as much as she used to and isn't uncomfortable after her feeds like she sometimes became earlier. So, YAY!
ohh thats so cool..I wanna get a walker for Aadya too..
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so glad the formula worked out.Aadya was spitting up,with formula n BM both..and I was so hassled. I am glad it worked out for Ninni!Lotsa kisses to the little darling! and also to her big sis!
yay, from me too !! looking forward to the pics :-)
ReplyDeleteShe's at that stage now -- something new very hour. (Don't tell my husband or son, but I miss that.)
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit wary of walkers, after The Bhablet's accident. I guess you have a better-balanced one, though? His was a cheap affair.
ooo, i have a alwaker that i got as a gift lying around too. maybe its time to get ours out too!
ReplyDeletego ninni!
Cute Cute Cute, she's growing up so fast Ceekay, and the pictures, I'm so glad you put them up !
ReplyDeleteMini-me had a walker after she had used one at her daycare center. She loved it and since we had a single level house that was thoroughly hazard free she was fine zooming about. Once she started to crawl she came out of it.
ReplyDeletesecond time mothers are so much calmer. even i dont care if the bean is in a walker. i was so hesitant to put the brat in one..
ReplyDelete