Monday, October 01, 2007

From a budding chef's kitchen

Lately there have been more updates about M than there have been about S and while that is natural, it isn't fair. So here is a tid-bit about S.

She created this snack ALL ON HER OWN!! She took foods that she likes - bread, butter, sugar, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips and bananas and put them together to create a yummy (her words, not mine) snack! I leave you with a mouth watering picture of the same. :D



For the record, I have tasted it sans the chocolate chips and chocolate syrup (did I ever tell you I HATE chocolate flavor - except in a cake??) and it indeed was very, very, very delicious. S is proud of the fact that this is a very healthy recipe because it has whole grain bread and a fruit! I really loved the look of pride on her face when she presented this snack to me and later when I photographed it.

Hope to keep this interest alive and maybe she will be competing on "Top Chef" one day.... :D

14 comments:

  1. CK my husband often comes up with this bizarre food called banana sandwich. (Bananas slices drizzled with a tbsp of honey between two slices of bread)

    Looks like others are creative too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean there is hope? someday my children will feed themselves?? yaaay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow she will be the first "honorray" chef for the kid fest at DMC. Remmeber to post this when it comes up

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... looks yummy (except for the banana part :-) ).

    you not only dislike the chocolate... but hate (big letters!) it huh!!! wow amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. S is so creative! and self sufficient!
    you hate chocolate? You'll get along great with my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GGOP: I am sure S will like the Banana sandwish too! I used to make PB&J w/ Apple and banana slices for her and she loved it!

    Timepass: Shall pass on the comment to S - am sure she will be happy to know :)

    MadMomma: Yup, there IS hope. In fact you can start involving the Brat in the kitchen now. I am sure he will be more willing to eat something he helped create.

    Sandeepa: Thanks for the idea. I am sure S will be very proud when I post her recipe on DesiMomz.

    AP: Yup! HATE it! :D

    NainaAshley: How about you? Do you like chocolates? (What a dumb question! I am sure most sane people like chocolates :P)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hate chocolate and I hate bananas. Guess there will be no danger of us sharing a chocolate covered banana any time soon! That said, my 14 year old can turn out some pretty impressive meals. Teach the basics and let them explore on their own....you might even get a ready dinner when you get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lumi: Or you can have the chocolate and I can eat the banana! You have raised my hopes that there WILL be a day when I'll arrive home to find that dinner is already serverd :P (Except when my mom is here ofcourse, because she does that)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so good! :)
    Btw,I read intentblog too .. also Shekhar Kapur's. Like both a gr8 deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks yummy. btw, you are tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOO, speaking of Top Chef, did you catch the finale yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh...Its looking so yummy and mouth watering..I wish to have one RIGHT NOW!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooooooooh looks yummy.. only.. could i get mine without the banana with extra chocolate!!drooling!!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?