Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Things to work on...

I don't do New year's resolutions. I feel one shouldn't be bound by the calendar to start something good. So, I usually make resolutions as and when I feel the need. Whether I act upon those resolutions is a different matter and we shall not venture into that discussion.

I can remember only one resolution that I made a few years back and I feel I did a good job with that. But then that may be because it wasn't too tough to begin with. Two (or maybe three) years back I decided I wasn't going to fret about my weight. That didn't mean I wouldn't care about it - just that I wouldn't worry about my weight or shape or size. I still would follow a healthy life style and try to reach/maintain a healthy weight. I just wouldn't worry about or feel bad about my weight or size. I have to say that it was THE BEST decision I ever made. I found it was easier for me to focus on healthy habits if I wasn't constantly worrying about losing weight. I knew if I followed a healthy life-style, weightloss and fitness will automatically (eventually) follow. And that is what happened. Well, at least until I started the IVF cycles - but that is a different story. Not getting into that.

Coming to this year. I haven't made any resolutions. Yet. I liked one on a blogger's list and for the life of me, I CAN'T FIND THEIR POST NOW!!! I have patrolled the blogosphere twice over and still couldn't find the post, so I don't remember the blogger's name. but I do remember one resolution on their list - to reduce clutter. And that fits my state of mind completely right now. I need to reduce clutter form my life. From my mind. From my house. From my office. From my car. So that is one thing I am going to work on starting from today - getting rid of clutter. I won't say "work on it this year" because I want this habit for life. I am still going to actively work on improving my health AND having/maintaining a positive self-image. I want to be around to enjoy MY grandkids.

6 comments:

  1. Good one, Ceekay. It's my resolve too for this year - and we're moving into a bigger house so that should help:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bird's eye view: May I call you BEV? Bigger houses are good! I LOVE big houses. All the best with your resolution. I have already started chipping away at the clutter :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the post, I think many of us could stand to de-clutter both literally and figuratively. I am doing both shortly with possessions being sorted through currently and unused and unwanted items will be donated or free-cycled. Taking one bag and one carry-on apiece to South Asia and looking forward to checking out for 11 weeks. Big houses only store more clutter, smaller is better for me-less to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your previous resolution of not worrying about the weight - I need to make that resolution.

    I wish I was as good at decluttering my mind as I am good at clutter-freeing the house, car etc.

    Wish you a Very Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure, go ahead, call me BEV - life's too short for the full version:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lumi: I get your point about small house-less cleaning. But I LOVE big houses with lots of rooms in them. Our current house IS kind of big in that it has 5 bedrooms, a living room and a family room, and I can never clean it all in one go. But I like my stuff neatly organized in different rooms and the space :)

    BEV: LOL! "too short for the full-version"! Heh!

    2BM: Decluttering the mind is not that big a problem for me (I have learnt to manage my stress well in the last few years). It is the decluttering of physical spaces that I am having problem with right now. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?