Friday, January 04, 2008

Month 7 - Catching up 2

Month 7 came and went. So did months 1 to 6, for that matter. And it happened in a blink. I didn't even notice the 7th month whizzing by. It was also my parents' last month with us here. A month when M started daycare. A lot happened, but it is all a blur.

In short - my parents are back in India, M has started daycare and we have settled into our new routine. Our lives are hectic-er. But I also derive a pleasure from being able to handle it. I am not a morning person, but getting up early helps me get everywhere in time and I love it. I and S drop M off at the daycare at around 8:10 am. Then get to the bus stop by 8:25 and wait for the bus there. That gives us about 20 minutes to chat and listen to our favorite songs. WAIT!! This post was supposed to be about M!

So, she got THE WORST stomach bug as her Christmas gift from the daycare. She started going there on Monday, December 17th. Tuesday and Wednesday went fine. Thursday, she threw up the squash my mom fed her in the evening. But she kept the milk down, so we didn't think much about it. Friday, she threw up her lunch and dinner. And had severe diarrhea. But she wasn't throwing up, wasn't running a fever, was not dehydrated and was active and happy so we didn't worry about it much. But it got worse before it got better. Her diarrhea worsened but we got through those days with the help of Pedialyte and my friend Y's homeopathy remedies. She has lost a lot of weight but I am sure we can build her up again :) Oh, she is up to three solid meals a day now. And one of the care providers at her daycare told J that we should start giving M the toddler crackers because picking that up will build up her hand-eye co-ordination and also teach her to chew. She loves eating so it all works out for us!

This was the month when M cried to see me leave for work for the first time. It happened a mere 4 days before the day she started daycare. She even cried the first few days at the daycare but now she doesn't. She eats and drinks her milk there. But she doesn't (or can't) sleep there probably because she has been thoroughly spoiled and is used to sleeping in pin-drop silence. But I am sure she will learn to sleep with babies crying all around her when she is tired enough. Until then, mom and dad are enjoying full night's sleep every night. She goes to bed at 8 and doesn't wake up until 5:30 or 6 am! (There! I am sure I have jinxed it now :P)

And she is still a lazy bum. She turned over today while I was dressing her in the morning. So I know she can do it. But she doesn't want to. Oh well. Who am I to complain? It is easier for me - I don't have to run after her. Counting my blessings here! She has started toppling over in an effort to reach for things though. I think she might be getting ready to try to crawl. We need to baby proof the house before she does.

She even saw her first snow this month. And she sat mesmerized in her walker in front of the window. It was a funny sight! Unfortunately, I was rushing out the door so couldn't click a picture. But I'll always remember that scene. I'll always have that memory.

8 comments:

  1. cee kay! now you know you done it! never ever even in whispers mention infants sleeping through the night. i was just lamenting how i have to wake 3,454,657,454 times.
    hopefully, the expiration date for that is sunday night. weekends aren't for sleeping in anyways, are they? haha!
    good to know that m is doing well in daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids have a way of doing that - taking in the moment in its entirety - and they look adorable in a pensive sort of way!
    I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy dear... monthly updates are incomplete without pictures :-) Sounds like M is doing great.

    and OH NO!!! Grandparents are GONE?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice updates abt M. the kids would be missing the grandparents badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So our lovely M started turning, touch wood. Hope thast she will soon start crowling. I do would like if you add her and S's recent photos in your blog if it is possible and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice reading the 7th month update and good to know that you all have settled into the new routine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mona: :D Yes - the jinx lasted all of the weekend! But now we are back to the 8-5 routine! Keeping my fingers crossed here!

    Usha: The very words I would have used if only I could think them!

    AP: Yes, grandparents are gone :( And pictures coming up soon - as soon as I get the chance to download them to my laptop.

    Timepass: WE are missing the grandparents :( **Sniff**

    Vinod: Sure Pa! Pictures coming up soon.

    2BM: Yes getting into the rouitne was almost effortless. Specially because the grandparents aren't here to talk to, and laugh with and to linger with over the dinner table :( **WAIL**

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gone through the Month 7 update for M. We miss her and S too. Here we listen to her "cheekhs" often as we have loaded thr digital photo frame with photos and videos which we brought with us. Some times it seems that M is here itself. Wait she will certainly crowl, or may be directly start standing and walking as you did when your of her age.

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?