Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thank you for indulging me!

A little while back a thought struck me as I stepped off the elevator in front of my office. I translated this thought into the poll above. As you might have already guessed, I had nothing better to do that day. And needless to say, the thought struck me in the first place because I was wearing such a top. It happens to be my favorite top so I continue to wear it even though it either rides up too high for my comfort or revelas too much if I pull it down. (Just for the record, when I first bought it, it fit me perfectly but is struggling to do so now because of the whopping poundage that has crept up :D) While I was pulling it down and then gasping in horror at the resulting cleavage display, I wondered if other women thought like me or if they had other preferences as to what part of their bodies they were more comfortable exposing. Well, as the poll results indicate - neither.

Anyway, my choice was "pull it up". I attribute this choice to the fact that our office has one person whose favorite pastime is to stare at women's chests. At first I thought it was my mistake to assume he does that but then as I spoke to more women in my office about it, the more it became evident that it was not an illusion. And I, of course, take extreme pleasure in denying him that opportunity. But even if not for this little situation, I probably would have chosen this option. And even more interesting is the fact that 2 years ago, I would have chosen the last option - "Wouldn't care". Really. Right now, even though I don't freely admit it, I am very concious of my body. The size and shape that I am in. Yes. I remember my new year's resolution. Why else would people make resolutions to do/achieve something if it were that easily attainable? If you could already do something, you wouldn't be making New Year's resolutions to achieve it.

The most popular choices are interesting to me. 43% people said they wouldn't own it in the first place. 23% said they would throw it away. Only 4 said they wouldn't care. I wish I were one of them but I am not. I am hoping I WILL be in some time. And then God bless anyone who happens to look at my stretch-marked belly or ballooning boobs - they would die of horror, of that I am sure! Or maybe by then I will have a chiseled set of abs and a *ahem* "firm torso" :D [Yeah I know - one person reading this post just went into a coughing, hacking fit of laughter - and that would be J]

Anyway, so this is why this silly little poll originated. I am amazed that 55 (!!) people responded. Thank you, thank you, thank you all! Thank you for indulging this poor little (??) soul!

7 comments:

  1. I dont know which would be worse, my stretch marks ridden tummy oy my after b/f 4 kids golf-balls-in-a-tube-sock boobies. so my answer would be burn that shirt down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey.. lovely reading this post. even I wish I was inot tat "wouldnt care" ategory. wishful thinking it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sraikh: LOL! "golf-balls-in-a-tube-sock"?

    Pointblank: How is that "wishful thinking"? All you need is determination and a blind eye to tortured souls :D I am not talking about not caring when I have the perfect figure. I am talking about being so comfortable with my body shape and size that no matter what size or shape I am in, i wouldn't care. I don't care what happens to the "onlookers" :P

    Mummyjaan: What did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er, you're curious, are you? I picked "wouldn't own one" because I realized I didn't have any such top.

    (Later I remembered that I did own one such top last year, which did ride up slightly. In that situation, I pulled it down and re-adjusted my scarf to cover my 'bosom'. Easy, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mummyjaan: Thanks for answering the question. I do the same sometimes in winters when it is cold enough for a woollen scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I am guilty so guilty of this. Since the cleavage is rather humungous, would cover up there and leave the world to gape at the silver lines decorating my midriff...

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?