We spent Christmas afternoon at a good friend's house. She had invited another friend's family over and we exchanged gifts for the kids. All of us have two kids each so we picked two kids (one from each family) and bought gifts for them. The gender distribution worked out well too as one friend has two boys and the other one has a boy and a girl. So, each family bought gifts for one boy and one girl. A good time was had by all, specially the kids.
I sat down with baby M in their living room to give her the bottle. My friend's 4 year old son, Little A, stood by us and watched intently. Then we had the most hilarious conversation. This is how it went -
Little A: This is HER bottle?
I: Yes
Little A: Can I touch HER?
I: Yes, gently.
Little A: Is HER hungry?
I: (With a smile) Yes
So, when he touched M's foot, she gave him a big smile.
Little A: HER is smiling!!
I just laughed till tears rolled down my eyes. His mom is teaching him the difference between saying "him" and "her" these days. I must say he is a quick learner :D
Later Little A went to his mom and whispered in her ear "Can we BUY the baby?" When his mom said "No, we cannot buy the baby!" he thought hard for a minute and then asked "OK. So can we KEEP her then?"
Real smart, buddy!!
Oh that is too funny! "Can we keep her then?" Him is surely hillarious!
ReplyDeletewow! hillarious LOL!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha ..this is too cute!! Incidentally, the poll in ur blog , my answer is not in any of the choices. I keep adding more cereal till I finish the milk :)
ReplyDeletecute!
ReplyDelete:)
very cute :)
ReplyDeleteNeera: :( Should have thought of that option too.
ReplyDeletehahaha...enjoyed the conversation.
ReplyDelete