Watched two people closely in work-related interactions lately. Person One (PO) was rude, arrogant, over-confident, knows-just-enough-to-cause-trouble kind, childish and a bully to some extent. Person Two (PT) was professional, humble, rational, tolerant, patient, ready to accept own mistakes and willing to learn more from others. PT extended a courteous apology to PO even though what PO accused PT of, was not PT's fault. PO's level in the organization and contacts with people high up the corporate ladder "warranted" it plus the apology prevented a bad situation from escalating to "ugly" (for our team). I have a LOT to learn from PT.
hmmm.... ur right! I have come across similar situations in life. AND learnt from them. Its always goos when one someone sets a good example. The rest of us just have to follow!
ReplyDeleteCK
ReplyDeleteThats a shame when a bully gets to rule coz he has the gift of the gab.Was just wondering if they are of similar ethnicities(that sometimes plays a role too).
BTW, here's something since you wanted to read something more I write.
http://thetryingpoetinme.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-am-harvesting-my-bagful-of-memories.html
Pt I bet is more likable and has a lot more friends.. I have a lot to learn from people like PT too.. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like PT is picking his/her battles wisely.
ReplyDeleteActually, I'm wondering how such a guy climbed up the ladder in the first place! Makes you think, doesn't it?
ReplyDeletePointblank: I have a looooong way to go - I CANNOT say sorry when it is not my mistake. Not even to keep peace :(
ReplyDeleteTania: No they are from different ethnicities and genders. PO is getting on many people's nerves, in fact. I checked that post and I think commented on it too. I will check out the rest of the blog too.
Preethi: PT definitely is very likeable even though (s)he has the capability to get on people's nerves as well :D
GGOP: Yup!
Devaki: Maybe PO IS good at what (s)he does. You see, one CAN be good at one's profession while being not-so-good at interpersonal relationships. I am beginning to think that PO is only rude to people beneath his/her social rank.