Friday, December 07, 2007

Walking the talk

I really should practise what I preach. If someone posts a rant at their own blog, I should refrain from spilling bitterness there and I should also rant at my own blog WITHOUT linking to the original rant if the writer of that rant didn't link to others. I will try to do that from now on. The only exception I will make is if the post is exceptionally vile like the second one I mentioned in my earlier post. In that case it will be an all out war - whether that post was directed at me or not. I cannot stand by and see anyone being victimized in that way.

Sowmya had every right to post a rant on her own blog regarding what ticks her off about mommy bloggers. I had every right to write a post on my views on MY blog. I am not happy by the turn of events this has caused. I don't believe what I did was wrong. I did link to her but I also mentioned that her post was thought provoking even if very irritating for the condescending tone it takes. I even mentioned that I liked other posts on her blog. I got carried away by the nastiness of some comments that were left to that post and in retrospect I can think of a hundred ways I could have done this differently. I could have written a post and then informed her on her blog that I have put up my views on my blog. I could have refrained form replying to the nasty commenters. I could have replied to them on my blog instead of doing it on her blog. I always say that one has the freedom to move on if they don't like what a blogger posts. I should have done the same.

I don't think the turn of events has been caused by MY post but I somehow feel responsible for it. Don't know how. I will need some time to sort through all this. The nastiness that one particular anon commenter was spreading was beyond belief. I never imagined that someone could be so full of hatred and venom.

2 comments:

  1. Huh - this has blown out of proportion hasn't it?! I honestly thought all the moms concerned would refute any points they disagreed and move on. Looks like Sowmya has taken down her blog and MM has made her blog open only to select few.
    I respect Dooce all the more, she has lots of guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally shocked by that comment CK. I'm thinking of shutting down my blog. The blogosphere has too many vile people out to ruin people's lives.

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?