Friday, December 28, 2007

Playing catch-up: 1

There are a lot of updates and tags to catch up with. Sometimes it feels all I am doing is playing catch up with things that need to be done. So, I am starting a "Catch-Up" series of posts. These are events that I have been meaning to record on this blog, but haven't had the time to. Like Halloween of '07.

I love Halloween. I comapre it to Holi for the fun factor. Yes, I love Holi too. And it has been almost 13 years since I played it :( Anyway - that's material for another post. So, I was saying...

I love having a carved, candle-lit pumpkin on the doorstep. I love the decoration many people put up. I love to stock up on candies for kids when they come "trick or treating". And I love to see their faces light up when I tell them they can take as many candies as they wish. Yes - even teenagers'.

This year, obviously, was extra special. We had one more costume to worry about. One more trick-or-treat bag to carry :D This year, like last year, we went to a near-by condominium complex with a friend and her family. Her daughters are the same age as S and go to the same school too. This complex is special in that many residents there put up special decorations for Halloween and enthusiastically distribute candy to all trick-or-treaters knocking on their doors. So many people come there that special police presence is arranged, the entrance is blocked and only pedestrians or residents can go in.

This year we had a Harry Potter, a doctor, a Witch-bride and a Tigger in our group. The grandparents accompanied us too and were busy clicking pictures. All had a great time. And since it is also S' birthday, we came back and then S cut a cake. The friend had brought cupcakes because she thought I might have not had the time or chance to get a cake for S. These are the kind of friends I am deeply thankful for.

Here are a few pictures.

TIGGER!!




Tigger's Poonchh!

Witch-bride



BLACK!! Nailpolish :D


Pumpkin



M had a great time I suppose. She didn't cry even once in her costume. We did pay extra attention to the comfort factor of the costume and comfort was the only reason why I chose Tigger over a beautiful Lady-Bug costume. I liked the Tigger costume too but the Lady-Bug was VERY eye catching.

As the picture says it all - S was allowed to paint her nails black this year. This small permission made her extremely happy! When I took her to Party City to shop for her costume, and allowed her to add a few accessories (nail polish, black artificial roses), she was giddy with excitement and kept thanking me. Occasions like these make me wonder if she sees me as "Cruella DeVille" and if that is why it makes her extremely appreciative of these small permissions I grant her. No?

8 comments:

  1. The little one looks absolutely adorable in the costume. Happy New Year..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigger is just so cute!
    And the black nail paint is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah.. she mite think ur "Cruella DeVille". tatz wot I thot bout my mom when I wa syoung! but to bte outside world she was such a sweetie! gald 2 know u had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both too cute and I am sure had quite the time on Halloween. Mine won't dress up anymore so we went to a classical music concert instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. My little one had a bunny costume her dad brought her - was wishing we celebrated Hallowe'en here, so I could show her off!
    Happy holidays and happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Tigger's so adorable!!! Black nail polish....My ma refused to let me wear black nail polish when I was younger so I got back at her by painting my nails with black ink!!! Wasn't very practical coz I couldnt even wash my hands and when I eventually did, it was a fine mess indeed!!!

    Happy new year to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timepass: Thanks :) Happy New Year to you too!

    Dipali: Thanks! And S agrees with you about the black nailpolish :P

    Pointblank: :( You have confirmed my worst fears.

    Lumi: Classical music concert?! I wish I could go too! Maybe a few years down the line...

    Bird's Eye View: You could still show them off on your blog :P Happy new year to you too!!

    Unmana: Wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year too!

    GDS: Black ink?? Haha! What did your ma say then? I can very well relate to your rebellious spirit :) I was a rebel myself. I hope my daughters don't develop one though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh beautiful!!!! lovely pics CeeKay! I think Tigger is the most adorable baby - but they are both daddy's little girls. you need to have a third who will look like you :)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?