Friday, December 28, 2007

Typical conversation in Kays' house - 1

J comes into the living room with a long face.

Cee: Why are you so glum? What happened?
J: Nothing.
Cee: Come on! Did someone say something to you?
J: No. Nothing happened to me.
Cee: Tell me, did the computer say something to you? (He'd been working on the computer before this)
J (still with a long face): No, my wife said something to me.
Cee: What did she say?
J: Where do I begin? She is always saying something or the other :(
Cee: What kind of a wife is she? उसे उठा कर घर के बाहर फेंक दो! [Throw her out of the house]
J (with a longer face): कैसे फेंकू? उठेगी नही! [How can I? I can't pick her up]

[I know, I know - it loses the essence in translation :(]

8 comments:

  1. Mera bhi ab mujhe utha nahin sakta!
    Chalo, phir phenk bhi nahin sakta hai:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Dipali - it has been an hour since I saw your comment and I am still laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CK: Ek doosrey ko yon hi hansaatey rahein- 2008 accha beetega:)
    Happy New Year to you all, CK and parivaar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny. In our case, sadly, it's me who can lift up her better 1/3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROTFL... you have one healthy sense of humor, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dipali: Wish you and your family a Very Happy and Prosperous New year too.

    Bird's eye view: "Better 1/3rd" - LOL!!

    DotMom: Yes, very "healthy" indeed :D [healthy = Indian definition of "healthy" e.g. Aap mote thode hi ho. Aap to healthy ho! :D]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha...so funny!!

    I know I'm way too late in commenting but what to do, I got to read this post today only :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, late comment is better than no comment :) So, please keep them coming :D

    Yup, I just shamelessly asked you to leave more comments. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?