Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The benefit of being together for 12 years is...

... that your partner knows which part of the argument has hurt your feelings. Apologies and explanations come faster. And you make up sooner than you would have otherwise.

The downside is that one knows EXACTLY what part of the argument will hurt the most :D

16 comments:

  1. In our case, it is not just the argument phase that hurts. More than that, it is the cold war that follows.
    The deafening silence is way too painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee!!! I don't know twelve..makes sense for three :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe, true true ! BTW, we will be completing 12yrs too in a few months time !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had my tenth year(together 12) and I realise the same thing.
    We both know what hurts the other most...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! You had me nodding along here... it's true..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't mention the BEST part--the make-up sex!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. just another spice of life!

    I love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gauri: I dunno anything about coldwars :P That's because I c.a.n.n.o.t keep my mouth shut :D

    2BM: Welcome to the "Dirty Dozen" as DotMom put it in her wishes to me on our anniversary :D

    SM: THREE?? That fast??? You guys are quick learners, eh? :)

    Sraikh: Welcome. And yes, knowing what hurts does cut down on the time taken in "getting to the point" of the argument :P

    PS: Well... A few reasons I didn't mention that (take your pick)

    1. My parents read this blog :D (Hope they don't read the comments :P)

    2. My daughter might read this blog when she grows up a little - she already knows about this blog.

    3. What sex???? We have a 6 month old and as the whole world knows: six month old = NO SEX

    4. I went through IVF!! There was a reason for that :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bird's eye view, Shobana, Pixie, Reign, Fuzzy: Glad to know I have company. Now I don't feel like a meanie for having these thoughts :)

    Orchid: Congratulations on the 8!

    Reign: Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch.. one of those huh?! i know what you mean.. .

    ReplyDelete
  11. MM: Strangely, it wasn't a loud argument and it ended AS SOON AS J uttered those words that hurt me. Because I just stopped talking after that :) But he came to me later ON HIS OWN (which is a BIG change :P) and clarified/apologized etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah .. but its too late... at least with me. if u break my heart i am not mad at you.. but i just mope for days after that...

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?