I had to boil water for Baby M's formula. I put a pan on the counter on the edge of the kitchen sink, turned the faucet so it was over the pan, and turned the water on. I know, I know. I could have held the pan or put it in the sink under the tap but for the first choice - I am lazy and I like to multitask, which is not possible if you are standing just holding a pan under a running faucet and for the second option - I don't like to put clean cookware in the sink which is not clean (even when it has been scrubbed, first with dishwashing detergent and then bleach powder. Yeah, I know. OCD!!) in my opinion.
Now the multitasker that I am, I couldn't just stand there and watch the pan fill up, could I? So I went to get the phone to call a friend of mine. No. I didn't forget the pan under the water! I came back with the phone, but the battery was discharged so I went upstairs to get the second handset from our bedroom. That's when I forgot the pan momentarily. When I came downstairs, I found water over the entire counter and running down UNDER THE STOVE!!!! A leisurely morning just turned into a chaotic sweep-fest. Luckily, Baby M decided to go to sleep (she was in her rocker all this time) so I had one less thing to worry about. Pulled the stove out, swept behind and under it, dried the floor, threw away all the gunk, pushed the stove back in (which was no easy task, believe me - more on "why" later), rearranged everything back on the countertop - all the while talking on the phone, first with my friend then with J. Didn't I tell you I am a multitasker?? :P
Now everything is back in place but we are one step closer to that remodelling of our kitchen we have been talking about. You see, when I pulled the stove out, it wasn't a problem. But what I didn't know that the leg on the rear left side had lost its base and is now just a metal peg. When I started to push the stove back in, that metal peg cut into the ugly vinyl flooring (Good!! Now we can get rid of it and get on with that remodelling we have been dreaming about :D) and got stuck. Once I discovered that, it was just a matter of improvising. I did manage to push it back into place but we are now short two plastic lids for our tupperware :P
Anyhoo. Could things get any worse? I think not. I sure HOPE not!!
Now the multitasker that I am, I couldn't just stand there and watch the pan fill up, could I? So I went to get the phone to call a friend of mine. No. I didn't forget the pan under the water! I came back with the phone, but the battery was discharged so I went upstairs to get the second handset from our bedroom. That's when I forgot the pan momentarily. When I came downstairs, I found water over the entire counter and running down UNDER THE STOVE!!!! A leisurely morning just turned into a chaotic sweep-fest. Luckily, Baby M decided to go to sleep (she was in her rocker all this time) so I had one less thing to worry about. Pulled the stove out, swept behind and under it, dried the floor, threw away all the gunk, pushed the stove back in (which was no easy task, believe me - more on "why" later), rearranged everything back on the countertop - all the while talking on the phone, first with my friend then with J. Didn't I tell you I am a multitasker?? :P
Now everything is back in place but we are one step closer to that remodelling of our kitchen we have been talking about. You see, when I pulled the stove out, it wasn't a problem. But what I didn't know that the leg on the rear left side had lost its base and is now just a metal peg. When I started to push the stove back in, that metal peg cut into the ugly vinyl flooring (Good!! Now we can get rid of it and get on with that remodelling we have been dreaming about :D) and got stuck. Once I discovered that, it was just a matter of improvising. I did manage to push it back into place but we are now short two plastic lids for our tupperware :P
Anyhoo. Could things get any worse? I think not. I sure HOPE not!!
everything happens for reason. see now you get to remodel your kitchen. Isn't that great ? And you have understood that multitasking isn't increasing productivity.
ReplyDeletegood luck!
Hahaha.."we are now short two plastic lids for our tupperware"
ReplyDeleteAnd don't jinx yourself by saying that there could be nothing worse! :D
Sounds like this was all a ploy on your part, Cee Kay, to get started on that remodeling! :)))
ReplyDeleteSounds like me. I have regular rows with V because I can only work multitasking whereas if he has to even think of two chores together neither gets done.
ReplyDelete:)
Opposites attract. And then proceed to tear each other apart into tiny little bits.
Are Jay: Yeah - that's great!! New kitchen. Yippeeeee! But that comment about "multitasking not improving productivity"? What the heck are you talking about? I don't understand anything of that sort! :P
ReplyDelete~nm: Luckily the whole day passed without anyother mishaps :D
A Muser: Oh no! You caught on to me pretty quick :(
Sue: I guess all men are like that. Another friend of mine complains that her husband can't function if she gives him a series of tasks to do. LOL!
I particulalry like the part about opposites attracting and then proceeding to tear each other apart into pieces :D
If it makes you feel any better, i burnt idlis last weekend. Burnt blacK!. I left it on the stove and ran upstairs to see was apple was doing. Then got caught up in something she was up to and totally forgot about the idlis.
ReplyDeleteAt least your forgetfulness could get you a new kitchen.
BTW how's your ankle now?
alls well that ends well :)
ReplyDeletestove in place - check
baby M not denied milk - check
plans made for re-modelling kitchen - check...
see you're doing gr8... :)