Saturday, August 11, 2007

Remembering childhood

My brother learnt this poem when he was in first grade. I am recording it here in case I lose my mind over the next few years and forget it before I can teach it to my girls :)

सोचा करते हैं हम बच्चे
क्या रखा है बचपन में?
शीघ्र बडे हो जाएँ हम भी
चाह यही रहती मन में

हम भी रोब जमायें सब पर
मूछें रख कर बड़ी बड़ी
ओवर कोट पहन कर घूमें
लिए हाथ मे एक छड़ी

किन्तु बडों की चाह यही है
फिर से बच्चा बन जाएँ
मूंग फली भर कर जेबों में
जहाँ मिले मौका खायें

ये सब गड़बड़ झाला क्या है?
आख़िर कौन बतायेगा?
बच्चे होंगे बडे,
बडों को बच्चा कौन बनाएगा?

1 comment:

  1. Truly, who will return our childhood to us???
    beautiful poem....

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?