Friday, March 14, 2008

You go girl!!

We need more girls like this one. The only thing I find disturbing is that the police made the two parties reconcile and didn't file a complaint. But maybe they did that in their misplaced notion of "helping" the girl (you know, saving her reputation etc.). Anyway, this is my cheer-upper for the weekend. More and more girls with a backbone. You dowry-demanding suckers out there - you better watch out!

6 comments:

  1. Bravo! *claps feverishly*

    That's what we need. I went to the site and gave the article a rating of 5 ("freaking awesome").

    I hope the incident is also reported in other newspapers.

    When will these grooms realize that taking dowry is no different from being a beggar? For the life of me, I have never understood how a man's self-respect can allow him to accept - indeed, demand something that is not justifiably his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha..Loved this.
    I am sure the guy wouldn't dare ill treat her anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for her! groom and his father deserved it. CeeKay, I am with you... i don't think apology is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is hope!!

    I can easily say that if such a thing happened to me, I would have liked to react so boldly...but honestly, it's so much easier to say than do. I'm so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?