Well, the next day Little M saw the tissue box again and started towards it (we were in bed, J and I, and she was sitting between us). Then she remembered something and paused. Then looked at me and started towards the box again but then stopped and looked at me. Did this a couple of times and then reached out for the box....
I said "Uh-Unh" and she pulled her hand back. Then she decided she didn't want to take on mamma in a fight over a silly tissue box so started playing with something else. SCORE ONE FOR MAMMA!!
Then today, I left her sound asleep in our bed and went downstairs to pack lunch boxes etc. A little while later I heard her over the nursery monitor so raced upstairs (she was on our bed and not in her crib. Could have easily crawled off the edge and hurt herself) and found her holding a tissue triumphantly in her hand!
**SIGH**
I never said it will be easy, did I?
hahaha - tough cookie! keep at it mamma!
ReplyDeleteHehehehehe! Sorry, Cee Kay, am rooting for Ninni for this one! Go Ninni!
ReplyDeleteLet it go, CeeKay. Save your 'Noes' for more important things :). Put tissues higher up out of her reach. It's the old 'Baby meets tissue' story and 'Baby will be most delighted when the last tissue is out of the box'.
ReplyDelete(Btw, I just love the 'tissue-paper' stage that all babies seem to go through. Have you noticed the look of wonder and awe on a baby's face when that first tissue slips out of the box into their hands, as in: "wow! and look, the second one comes out just as easily! hey, this is amazing, lemme do this again, and again....")
hehe.. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnisha
I agree with mummyjaan -- move the tissues higher. Or can you put them in a sealed box she can't open?
ReplyDeleteI've more or less put everything important high up. Most things that he can reach he is allowed to play with. Although he knows better than to ransack our worktables, we still have daily battles. Having one right now as I type with one hand. Sigh.
Hahahaha..she did it!!Let her empty it out one time!! to her heart's content!:P
ReplyDeletehe he....moms should learn soon that kids will be one up...more often than not!
ReplyDelete;)
tagged!
ReplyDeletehehehe...so cute ! Big hug to the little one.
ReplyDeleteI miss the tissue-box stage now....
:( Looks like everyone is rooting for the baby here. No one wuvs mama. Boo Hoo Hoo...
ReplyDeleteJust for the record (mummyjaan, you listening? :P) I have no problem if she pulls out every tissue from every single tissue box in the house. Heck S unrolled an entire bathroom tissue roll into the toilet once and I LAUGHED. My problem is that she loves to put the tissue in her mouth and it can be extremely difficult to take out the pieces from her mouth. Seems like you have all passed the stage with your own kids and remember only the fun part now. HMPHHH!!!!
awww! tat was cute! Again, this is where the beauty of blogging/ writng come in. U put it across very well :)
ReplyDeleteLOL! Good luck on the next one, I guess!
ReplyDeleteBTW, tagged
yeah I'd suggest don't over do the NOs, try to baby-proof the house instead.. the next thing you know she'll be saying NO to every single thing and thats not a happy scenario.. I'm going through it now with my little one's terrible twos..
ReplyDeletetagged
ReplyDeleteHa ha! This one's going to be stubborn :)
ReplyDeleteWHERE are you? Feels like ages since we read you last!!! Hope all is well at your end.
ReplyDeleteGo Ninni!!! :D Sorry, couldn't help it! I went through this very stage a few months back - used to put the box higher someplace Popol couldn't reach. Now the boy reaches up and touches the cooktop, pulls out drawers...all the more dangerous stuff. Enjoy the tissue box stage while it lasts! She'll soon move on to bigger and better(ahem!) things :D
ReplyDeletePointblank: Thanks!
ReplyDeleteK3: The NEXT one??? No thanks! :p Thanks for the tag - will check it out soon. Am bogged down in a project at work.
MayG: Yup - I agree with not overdoing the No part - in fact I did a post
on it some time ago.
W: Thanks for the tag - I think I have already done it !
Rohini: You think?? ;) I already see a "mini-me" in the making and that is sacrrrry!!
AP: Thanks for chekcing up on me - I have been up to my eyeballs in a project at work that is going to impact my career in the long run, so...
Mystic Margarita: Oh yeah! Bigger and better! She is already getting more and more interested in the trash cans :D