How to feel better about my current (lack of) hairstyle. Normally I keep my hair short. I prefer a boy's cut and believe that it looks infinitely better on me (than the current wild growth on my head) and also takes about 10 years off my age. I haven't been able to get a haircut since M was about 6 weeks old. We had taken her out of the house for the first time to a friend's place in NJ and since that is where my hairstylist has her salon, I got a haircut on that trip too. Haven't been able to get another haircut ever since - it IS a good 100 miles away. I simply haven't had the time or energy. We did go to NJ, but visiting with our friend and my cousin and grocery shopping took up all our time. And I have tried a lot of salons/hairstylists here - no one measures up.
So, anyway. I got this thought while driving to work this morning. I am going to grow my hair some more. And then I will donate it to "Locks of Love". Their website mentions that the hair needs to be at least 10 inches long, so it will be a long wait. My hair is already about 6 inches long (where it is the shortest), but I WILL need about 4 inches on my head too. So that means I need to grow my hair to a length of at least 14 inches. Well, at least now there is a purpose behind my shabbiness.
Happy hair raising to you!! :P
ReplyDeleteI'm a lil particular about anyone who touches my hair too! I have waist length hair and there are times I want to keep them and there are times when I want to cut them slightly shorter. Since My hair are too straight I can't get any style done on them :(
That is awsome Ceekay. I donated my hair once to Locks of Love. It definitely is for a great cause. Good luck. I will try to get inspired by you and try to see if i can grow my hair long again... but it's easy for me though. my hair grows like weeds :-)
ReplyDeleteHow is little M doing? All healthy I hope.
~AP
what a wonderful idea! My hair simply never grows... good luck on the hair growing.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I didn't know about it. I had chopped my hair short because Popol loves to tug on it. Wan't planning on growing it, but might just change my mind.
ReplyDeleteSo cool! Feel free to camp over at my place if you visit that salon in NJ again. Will be a while before I can join you though, what with the post-partum hair loss reaching balding levels.
ReplyDeletebtw, my comment to your Barbie post was eaten up, but I'll record it again: your parenting style rocks. I will definitely be first in line to get an autographed copy of your book (please tell me you're writing one)
--
Null Pointer
quite the cool CK!
ReplyDeletedidn't know about this!
"My hair is already about 6 inches long (where it is the shortest), but I WILL need about 4 inches on my head too."
ReplyDeleteI took my mind out of the gutter, wiped it clean, re-read the line and got what you mean.
:)
It's a wonderful gesture!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I am getting my first postpartum haircut this saturday (keeping my fingers crossed -- have already canceled one appt.).
ReplyDeleteWonderful idea !
ReplyDeleteOh good for u :)...but I've been thinking abt my hair today too...maybe i will go for that cut after all!
ReplyDeleteYou are tagged!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, locks of love is awesome, but I heard that they charge a bit to the kids they give the wigs. Apparently, wigs for kids gives away the wigs absolutely free. I found that out recently. Anyway, I have done it about 4 times so far...it's a good feeling!
ReplyDelete