Friday, April 25, 2008

Belated Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

Dear J,

You are the pillar of support I lean on whenever I feel weak. You are the shoulder I seek when I need to cry. I look for you when I need a laugh and I come rushing home when I have a funny story to share. You are the ONLY person I trust completely to look out for me and the only person on this earth I have any expectations from - because I KNOW you will come through!

It's been, what? 17.5 years now, since we have known each other? And 16 years since you gave me this song on a tape and said "Call me after you have listened to this". Even after 16 years this song makes my heart jump and melt and overflow with emotions with the same intensity it did the first time. Your smile still makes me go weak in the knees. My ears still strain to hear your laughter. My heart still aches whenever we have to separate even for 2 days (I'll miss you baby, this next week). I still remember how you took Lalit's (?) help in creating that card you gave to me (remember the card?). I had to leave that, and everything else that I cherished, behind when I came here with you. But having you is all I care about.

S wonders out loud at least once every week why you and I fight so much :) I don't know about you, but I don't mind these fights at all. I feel so comfortable with you that everything, even fighting and the making up afterwards, seems natural. I know you are the best dad these girls could have. And you are the best husband I could have ever hoped to find. But above all, you are my BEST FRIEND even after all these years.

Happy Birthday, Dahlin'.

And today, it is my turn to say "Call me after you have listened to this"!


Update: I told J to go to my blog and see this post. He did. He listened to the whole song with a smile. Then he asked me to get his cell phone - I thought he was calling a friend we had been talking about. A few moments later, my cell phone rang. It was J. He simply said "I heard the song and I love you too" and hung up. Right in front of my eyes! :D

9 comments:

  1. Birthday time in your family, eh?

    Happy birthday to your mom and J, may you have a lovely weekend ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....! Lovely song...lovely memories. Happy birthday to J :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to your mom J....

    psst - your hair situation (in one previous post) reminds me of my own - but I'm waiting to deliver - thats when all my hair will take leave of me......no need to cut at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey CK, hope J had a nice b'day! Do post his reaction when he called 'after he listened to the song'. :-)

    And that was such a cute b'day post! But you know that, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday J! you have an awesome wife!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to J and your mom!! Beautiful posts (both to J and your Mom) CeeKay!

    You have been writing a bit less frequently now a days... I miss reading your posts. Though completely understand the busy life :-)

    ~AP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have an award for you. Collect it here :)

    http://ouralmosteverydayblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/nice-award.html

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?