Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I Thank Thee, Lord

For giving me two precious gems - S & M.

For the Prince-cut diamond - J.

For my parents, who didn't think twice before dropping everything to come over and help me.

For my brother, who still considers me a good friend. And his wife who apparantly likes me :D

For my ILs who love my daughters from the depths of their hearts. Who probably love me too, in their own way.

For my friends who love me enough to throw me baby showers. Who come to my house from 100 + miles away even when they are going through chemotherapy because they "miss the baby". Who are willing to spend one whole day with me. Who cart my daughter to and from activities sometimes. Who bring me lunch and dinner when I need it. Who cheer me up when I am down in the dumps.

For my job because it provides me with the intellectual stimulation that I crave.

For my blog friends who leave caring comments and offers of help when I share my problems on my blog.

I thank Thee, for I am blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Doesn't matter if you celebrate it or not. I wish you happiness on this day and for the rest of your lives.

We are celebrating Thanksgiving with loving friends this year too. And this year I have my parents with me to add to the happiness. Menu has been decided, almost half the preparations done. House is still a little messy. Maybe we'll be able to clean it, maybe not. Who cares? Who cares when the company is good and the food delicious? (Even if I say so myself :P)

Thanksgiving menu - desi ishtyle:

Chhole-Tikiya
Muthiye (A gujrati dish made with shredded cabbage, whole wheat flour and other spices - yummy!)
Katori Chaat - Crispy deep fried bowls made with all purpose flour, filled with sprouted lentils, cucumber, shredded cabbage, potatoes etc. topped with yogurt and chutneys)
Moong Dal Ki Kachori
Fruit Cream - Whipped cream loaded with fruits.
Vanilla Icecream topped with chopped nuts

Have a good one, everyone!

25 comments:

  1. How lovely :) Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really well put! This put a smile on my face!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the menu sounds yummy. especially the katori chaat!
    you're tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely list of things to be thankful for! And what a sumptuous menu to celebrate all that thankfullness with! Have fun CeeKay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am having my boring tea and biscuits and I am hungry, while I read your mouth watering menu. I love gujrati food.
    Btw, happy thanksgiving. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Menu sounds yum!Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving ! this day should be celebrated everywhere in the world to make us count our blessings and be thankful for them (to give ourselves a break from the moaning we all often do).

    The menu sounds great. Are you a gujrati ? I love muthias, but don't know how to make it. If you have a simple recipe, would you mind posting it :-)

    Have a great time !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "For my ILs who love my daughters from the depths of their hearts. Who probably love me too, in their own way."

    I liked this, especially the IN THEIR OWN WAY bit :) Been there experienced it :)

    I loved your comment on my recent post. Please do a post, I would love to read your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. S, SM: Thanks! Hope you had a great one too.

    Mona: Will do. I remember someone else tagged me for this too. I haven't been very good with taking up tags lately even though I really want to :(

    30in2005, RJ, Fuzzy: Thanks! We had loads of fun with friends and the kids had a great time too.

    2B's Mommy: My husband is gujrati/kutchi. I learnt a lot of gujrati dishes from my MIL and SIL and love making them. I will email you the recipe as soon as I can. If I don't send it to you in a few days, could you please "leave" me a whack on the head as a reminder? :P

    UTBT: Welcome! I have been thinking of doing a post on the same lines but others like you always seem to do a great job and I felt I wouldn't be adding anything more to it. But I will definitely try to do a post on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said. Happy Thanksgiving to you all

    ReplyDelete
  11. The menu sounded delicious Ceekay! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving! Good time to reflect on all the blessings in life.
    I want the muthiye recipe if its not too much to ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this is a perfect list of things to be truly thankful for. Have a great holiday ck. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and the glorious menu is making my stomach rumble, and I thought I wasn't hungry a moment ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well. Menu sounds yum yum yum! Wish I was there to eat mouth watering katori chaat.

    How is the girlie doing with her mouth/teeth torture?

    ReplyDelete
  16. the menu sounds yummmy. also isnt it mithi mouse's bday soon?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rohini, Mnamma, Punkster: Thanks. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving too.

    AP: S is going back to have spacers put in her mouth in 3 weeks. She was better after 2 days. Thanks for asking. I think she understands that this is good for her too and that's why she is taking it matter of factly.

    Choxbox: No, it is our 12th wedding anniversary on 3rd december :) I was experimenting with the template and moved the tickers to the bottom temporarily. Mitthi Mouse's birthday just went by - October 31st.

    GGOP, 2B's mommy: Looks like I will HAVE to post the muthiye recipe :D Working on it - will post it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yummy!! I am craving Indian food!! had loy=ts of turkey and pies! but once I meet my bro's place in NY for christmas break..I am eating a new Indian dish everyday :)
    Anisha

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh what a scrumptious list and menu.... happy thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you had a good one. We have loads to be thankful for.

    Nothing like good food to celebrate... sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How nice... :)
    The menu sounds yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  22. You keep on making the most delicious food. :(

    I totally understand why your friends visit you so much. I would too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anish: You are welcome to my place anytime you crave Indian food. You might get plain old dal-chawal sometimes instead of an elaborate meal, but there will be no scrimping on love and affection :)

    MM, Squiggle's Mom, Pixie: Thanks! We had a wonderful time with our friends. One friend and his family even stayed back for dinner! (The other one had to leave only because his kids were ready for bed)

    Sue: I would love to have you (and all my other blog friends) over for tea/lunch/dinner if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's so wonderful....we all have so many things to be thankful for....thanks for reminding in such a beautiful way. The menu is mouth-watering, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mystic Margarita: Yes - we do have a lot to be thankful for and I try to remember that on other days of the year as well :) Some days it is very hard to do so but it needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?