Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A memorable day - in more than one ways


This is what J gave me for my birthday - a gift card to this place. A spa, a spa, A SPA!! I am psyched! And have already decided what I'm getting done. A pedicure and a manicure!! I was always very particular about the state of my feet. I couldn't stand it if my feet got dirty even if it was "just dust". Lately, due to various responsibilities and our hectic schedule, I've become lax and don't take care of my feet as much as I would like to. Now is the chance! And once I have tried the place out (and the service) I might go back for an all-out facial. Really could do with five years off my face and some relaxation.

I need to get an appointment 2 weeks in advance though and picking up the phone for any reason is far from my thoughts right now. I find it highly bothersome to answer the phone on some days because I am too lazy!



Anyway, getting back to "the day". J gave me the first card and the gift at 12 am. S gave me a card the first thing in morning before she got ready and left for camp. Phone calls started coming in from 7:30 am. No. Actually, phone calls started coming in from the previous day. One of J's friends called at 11:30 pm the night before.



The day itself was mostly spent catering to a cranky Baby M. She got her first shots the day before and the second day was the most uncomfortable for her. At one point I got very irritated at her crankiness but then I remembered how I had given up all hopes of ever having a baby to hold and to cuddle. That changed my perspective and my day turned into the best birthday I ever had. Because on this birthday I had what I desired for the most in the last 5 years. By evening though, her crankiness had started rubbing off on me. Even though it was a week-night and S had camp the next day, we decided to go out for dinner.



This was Baby M's first night out for dinner. And she behaved gloriously! Never once did she cry or fuss or make a scene in general that we were so afraid she'd do. Specially because she was hopping mad when we put her in the car seat and took forever to calm down. She did wake up as soon as appetizers were served (those darned sensors of hers that warn her whenever mommy is about to eat/sleep/pee/pump/talk/relax!) I gave her the bottle and she went back to sleep peacefully and we had our dinner in peace after that. S was so tired that she could hardly finish her dinner (chicken tikka masala that she LOVES) and almost went to sleep on the table. But she hasn't been a fussy child anyway. We came back home by 10:30 or 11 (I don't remember), put both kids in bed, finished off our tasks (sterilizing bottles, carrying up all M's stuff that we would need during the night, putting away the doggie bags that we brought home) as fast as we could and were in bed before midnight and believe me you, it is a herculean task these days. No matter how hard I work during the day, or how beautifully I manage my rouitne throughout the day, or how much J helps out, I can never get in bed before 12:30 or even 1 (on good days).



S got a "coupon book for mommies" for my birthday and now gives me a coupon every now and then :) The last one promised I could take a day off and the one before that promised help with grocery shopping and putting away of all the stuff when we get home. Oh, and ALL the cards she got me were signed "From S and M". I have no tension about sibling rivalry at least for now.



We did forget one "tradition" of ours because we were so darned tired that day. On every special occasion (birthdays, anniversaries) we get Tiramisu from the local Shoprite store. They have the BEST Tiramisu we ever tasted. This time we plum forgot. But we remembered it later so J got it on Monday. And I never got roses this time :( But I didn't create a scene (Good girl!!) because I know how tired J gets and that he remembered to get me the gift shows how much he still thinks about me. Next year he is not getting off easy :D

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Enjoy your day at the spa!
    Looks like J and S both worked hard to make your day special. Sweet.
    gg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great b'day. Have fun at the spa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Seems like someone had a gala time on the birthday! :D

    My reactions on receiving a spa certificate would be teh same as yours "A spa, A Spa, A SPA!" Hehehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ! Happy Birthday (Belated)! I love Tiramisu too, although I've obviously not had it from THE place (Who knew Shoprite had Tiramisu? Hmm)

    Have fun at the spa ! And take pictures of your pretty feet when you're done OK? I could use some pushing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is soooo sweet.
    All I get is this line "jaanu mera saara paisa tumhara hai - go get what you want" hmmmmpphhhh..... thats no fun at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh awesome gift. I could do with a spa day though I would prefer a massage for my aching bones... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Yes, I had a great time and J and S put in extra efforts to make it my special day.

    Everyone whom I tagged for the "Admiration" & Judgment tags - I have read your posts (if they are up by now) but haven't had a chance to comment on any of them. Sorry about that.

    Poppins: I thought I left you a comment about the tag but maybe not. My memory is a little hazy on that. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have loads of fun at the spa :) No one but us moms deserve it more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Enjoy your spa gift it sounds glorious. And yes...ShopRite sells the best already made Semiramis's out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Reading this today, and I really love the picture I get from it.
    Especially S's card - SOO cute! :)

    Don't forget to badger for the roses next time! :wicked grin:

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?