Monday, July 16, 2007

How could I forget this???

In my last post I absolutely forgot the best part - how J proposed to me. I started writing the post because I wanted to share and record that and by the time I got to the end, it completely slipped my mind! Given my swiss chesse memory, its not surprising. A lot of post worthy ideas have been boiling in my mind but either I don't ge the time or by the time I sit down to blog, they vanish.

Lionel Richie's "Hello" is my favorite song. Why? Because....

In April'92 when J finally decided to propose again, this is what he did. He recorded an audio
cassette for me (we used to do that a lot - record audio cassettes for each other as gifts) and gave it to me with the explicit instruction of calling him once I'd listened to the first song. So I popped the cassette in the cassette player as soon as I got home and this is the song that played. "Hello". Even now, when I listen to this song, I get goose bumps. Especially when I get to the part "I can see it in your eyes... I can see it in your smile... You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide..."

I did call him as soon as the song finished. I don't remember what he asked or what my reply was but it must have been "yes" because its been over 15 years and we are still together. And still in love...

Updated: GGOP pointed out a huge mistake in my post - I was talking about the Lionel Richie song and put down the lyrics to Stevie Wonder's song. How embarassing is that? Especially when you have just proclaimed that song to be your favorite?! In my defense though - I am really messed up with sleep deprivation. Thanks GGOP!

11 comments:

  1. How romantic is that!

    I never got a proposal.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey not to get technical in this romantic reminiscing but Hello was by Lionel Richie and I just called to say I love you was by Steve Wonder. Did they do a tandem dj mix or something back in the day?

    Very sweet story!
    gg

    ReplyDelete
  3. ggop: Thanks for correcting that. No they didn't do a remix. It was the sleep-deprivated, tangled up neurons in my brain :( Will correct it as soon as M unlatches herself from me (I feel like she is growing ROOTS in me :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - sleep deprivation + hungry infant == mommy brain. Every friend of mine went through that phase.

    Hope the latching/breastfeeding (ouch ouch ouch!) is going better with time.
    gg

    ReplyDelete
  5. arrey.. but that is the best part.. ask him what you said.. he might remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story, this one and the post before. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a romantic story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so it's not the champagne i popped tonight... you really did mix up two songs ;0)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?