Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who, me??

Itchy, Suki, Dottie and Sraikh have honored me with this award. I am speechless honestly, as I only write about mundane stuff (my kids, my life and sometimes my opinions) that I didn't think would interest anyone.

Itchy gave it to me along time back and then Suki and Dottie. And now very recently, Sraikh. The last one is so recent that Sraikh hasn't had a chance to even leave a comment on my blog to inform me :D (I came to know of it through Google link alert). I am extremely sorry ladies, for the delay in accepting it. It isn't that I don't appreciate this thoughtful gesture on your parts. I was busy preparing the acceptance speech but as it turns out, I forgot it once I got to the "stage" :P So, without further ado, I accept it most gratefully and (am supposed to) pass it on to seven others. Now it so happens that the very ladies who presented me this award are among the seven I would have chosen. So I was left with the task of finding four more.

Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogsphere.


First, here are the rules:


1. When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back


2. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.


3. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’


4. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).


5. And then we pass it on!



Now for the seven bloggers who, I think, deserve this award (though I do think I am not brilliant enough to award them):

1. Anurag from DogJournals. He writes brilliantly. He was the person who goaded me into starting my own blog. Encouraged me with his comments on the most boring of my posts. And now has all but disappeared from the blogging world because he is very busy in real life. He has always been brilliant. Always. Was my first best buddy, and still is. The only person, apart from J, I go to when I am extremely depressed. My brilliant little brother.

2. Priya from PriyainSuburbia. Writes brilliantly. Presents her thoughts so coherently that I can never even dream of doing.

3. Roop from RoopScoop. Another brilliant writer and a gem of a person. Her passion for helping the disadvantaged I admire. And her strength amazes me.

4. Rohini from Mamasaysso. A career woman and a hot mama. Someone I hope to learn a lot from. Her poise in expressing her opinion, the clarity of thoughts and the fine balance between career and family life she maintains - I envy he for all that.

5. Lumi from Lumismusings. I have learnt a lot from her, and have a lot to learn still. She gives me clarity of thought when I am confused and provides sound and sane advice when I need it the most.

6. Grail from Just some Grail. She knows how to laugh - at herself AND the world - even when the tides are against her. Her boys are her life and she is the kind of mom I hope I'll become even if for just one day of my life. She inspires me with her optimism.

7. Kiran from Karmickids. She is the kind of mom I hope of becoming. Dedicated, determined and completely devoted to her son. She is the kind of woman I wish I could be - stylish, grounded, well-read, with a great sense of humor.

14 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww that was aww so sweet. thank you so much Cee! i am so oh so sososososo honored. :) really am. i bow. i jhuko. i do all that. i thank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a message in the shoutbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sraikh! Yes, I saw the message right after I put up the post. Haven't had the chane to let you know.

    Roop: Oh no, the honor and the pleasure is all mine. I really do enjoy your posts. Very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So honoured love, and you are the kind of mom I wish I could be, sensible, practical, hardworking and ferocious when required....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.... thanks Cee. That just gave me a much-needed self-esteem boost. Hot? Poise? Clarity? I obviously project myself a lot better than I feel...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and yes. You envy me? No way... you are my role model in the blog world. I yearn for calm patience and firm hand in the way you deal with your kids...

    ReplyDelete
  7. somethin for u ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D. Sweet post. You know I saw it from my feed reader, then forgot to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Me? Thank you! Guess it helps I am a few years ahead of you on the raising girls curve *lol* Did you know that Roop and I are old online buddies from some years ago? We reconnected thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiran, Ro: Lets make a mutual admiration society :P I admire you, you admire me, we will all happily blog everafter :D That said, Awwww! Thanks for the sweet comliments babes.

    Roop: Thanks sweets! I loved your twist on the awards.

    Suki: Babe you know it is not a requirement to comment, right? But thanks for taking the time out.

    Lumi: I am glad I could be of service :P And methinks being ahead timewise is not a mark of being a sane and sensible parent. It requires something more than just the years you put in to be the kind of parent you are. I know people twice my age, with kids older than I am, and I feel I understand my children better than they understand theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOOHHHHHHH Thank you, that is the sweetest thing, and your kind words made me a little teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fotuuus dedicate kiyaa. *hugggggggggzzzz :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. ceeks, bring back ur two cents!!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?