That she LOVES trucks! The ride-on kind. So we got her one that can be converted into a wagon later. Its awaiting assembly. And there is this small car that belonged to S. M loves to play with it.
She has this cute way of sitting on the raised platform in front of our fireplace - she turns her back to it and then slowly backs into it until her legs touch the platform. Then gently, very lady-like, she lowers herself and them beams at us! And we have caught her trying to sit on other things in a similar fashion - a bottle of Vicks Vaporub, a shoe, a block from her set of blocks. Puts the item on floor, backs into it gingerly and sits down, trying to center her butt perfectly on the teeny item that she is trying to sit on. And the quiet determination with which she does this is hilarious to watch. Our camera is on the blink, so unfortunately, no pics for the moment.
She has discovered a light switch in our family room that she can play with if she climbs on the bed right next to the wall (big sis S helpfully showed her how). J spent one whole Sunday afternoon trying to get her to stay away from it. Then shut the door in frustration. Monday, I heard her giggling in the family room and heard a tick-tock sound. Went in to find she was at it again. I raised one eyebrow, wagged my finger and said "Uh-unh!!" and the little miss backed away! I tried that 4 or 5 more times with the switch playing AND other things and found, to my amusement, that my "Uh-unh" had an immediate effect on her. It stopped her in her tracks! Every time. So I told J when he came home. He tried it next. No result. (Giggle) I tried it - little miss made a fake sad face, cried a fake cry and backed away and then ran away "crying" :P We had fun just for the heck of it a few times more - M going at the switch, I going "Uh-unh" and she backing away with a fake cry and a fake sad face :) It seems to have slipped her mind. But if I know my determined little girl, she is just waiting for her chance!
Wish you could post a video of her backup and sit down routine! It sounds hilarious -- and very cute! And happy independence day to you.
ReplyDeletewe want pictures :)
ReplyDeleteI second Dottie...she is such a cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteI second Dottie...she is such a cutie pie!
ReplyDelete