God, I'm getting old! I meant to record all that M has been doing these past few months and I forgot thes two "gems". One - she loves saying "mama". Not because I am her favorite, but becase while saying that, she can blow spit bubbles. So each "mama" comes out slowly and deliberately, with a spit bubble forming and getting bigger. And she does it in all seriousness - not a smile, not a twinge of merriment in her eyes. She gets so engrossed in it that just making a bigger, better bubble seems to be the next stop :) I don't remember when she started doing it - it has been at least 4 months.
And.....
I forgot the other one. AAAAARGH!! Is age really catching up on me? This swiss-cheese memory is driving me nuts! I forget things I was going to say mid-sentence. I am not kidding you! I am glad I don't forget the way to my home!
OH YESSSSSS!!!!! I remember now, what I wanted to record next. (See the NEED to put down these memories on this blog? I'd forget all of them by the next birthday otherwise)
You ask M - "OK??" and she nods her head, smiling. Sometimes, depending on her mood, she might even shake it in a "No", but mostly it is a nod. You don't have to precede the "OK" with a valid question. Just asking "OK?" in a concerned tone is enough to get her response.
And with this, my shabby memory brings up another forgotten incident. Last Sunday I had invited a few friends from work over for lunch. While I was busy cooking in the kitchen, S called out and asked me to come take a look. When I went into the living room, this sight greeted me - M, behind an end table that had a glass vase with some flowers in it, had pushed it out a few feet and was concentrating on pushing it further, maybe she wanted to take it to the next room. Really grunting with the effort. The only thing hindering her path? The darned wall! For a little while we had a little push-war. I, trying to push the table back in its place, and M trying to push it out. Our camera is on the blink and we haven't quite finalized which one we want to buy next, so unfortunately no pictures of that.
But, in the meanwhile, here are a few pics that one of the friends (who came over that day for lunch) took with his camera. Yenjoy!!
More to come....
Oooooo sleeping beauty, great pic :)
ReplyDeleteYou have a funny little daughter! That second pic totally cracked me up :D
ReplyDeleteOh, and it's great to see the updates pouring in - huge backlog you got, eh?
That is a very funny sleeping pose...she is an entertainer and very successful too.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Sleeping beauty! She's cute.
ReplyDeletesuch cute pics, cee kay!
ReplyDeletei love m's response to okay, it's soo cute :)
make a video?
aww... cho chweet! :D
ReplyDeleteAwwww....she's such a cutie and a character, too! :) Love the pics.
ReplyDeleteLurved the sleeping pic. Such peace. Such determination. Such a fighter.
ReplyDeleteSleeping beauty! :D
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing..and laughing at the spit bubble thingy....and smart of u to have figured out why she loves sayign mama!
ReplyDeleteadorable pic, there!
you know what - i thought she would look like you.. but even she looks like J :) which is still all good :D
ReplyDeleteFunny M - ! She's changed , hasnt she ? Or looks different with her hair tied ? The sleeping beauty pic takes el cake o !( eggless)
ReplyDeleteWotta cutie pie! Actually, I love the pic of the two sisters. Big Sis is growing up fast and it shows!
ReplyDeleteAward awaits, pick it up at my space!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! And so funny! Hope you buy that camera soon and post pix of M pushing that end table into a wall!
ReplyDelete