Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What is the point..

... of keeping the treadmill at full incline and then walking as you literally hang on to the handrails? And of almost doubling over with effort because the weights you are training with are too heavy for you to lift?

The mistaken assumption of "more is better" I suppose.

4 comments:

  1. Supposed to make you fit I guess in case you want to walk up a hill with a load on your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I know that walking at an incline will make you fitter. I do it myself. I was wondering what the point is if you hang on to the handrails because then you are obviously not putting in the full effort. You are "pulling" yourself up,so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and the two incidents were separate. One person was walking on a treadmill at full incline while hanging on by the skin of their teeth and another was training with weights that were too heavy for her and she kept doubling over in trying to do her bicep curls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 to 15 percent incline is enough. Beyond that it is likely being done to get into hiking shape going up hills.

    Steep and slow - good for hiking hills

    Steep and fast needing to hold onto the rails? - I am stumpped on that one why anyone would do it.

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?