Tuesday, November 03, 2009

To elaborate on my last post

No, I am not turning my blog into a Quotable Quotes repository. One - I was testing the post by email functionality of blogger. Two - I really had that thought in my mind for the last few days.

I have been through some emotionally tough times recently. Nothing drastic, just something that was a culmination of the medicines I am taking for various conditions and events that have happened in the last year. I had been feeling very down in the dumps, felt like something was pulling me down deep and keeping me there. Please notice the past tense in the previous sentences. I don't feel that way any more. Not all the time anyway. And THAT makes all the difference in my outlook on my life.

A few months ago, I was so blue I could find NOTHING in my life that was worth living for. I was, even in my darkest times, thankful for what I have - a wonderful husband, two beautiful miracles of kids, a great family including my mom and brother who care a lot about me. But even these positives couldn't overcome the shadows on my mind.

About three months ago, I stopped taking one medication that was adding to the depression - the progesterone. Slowly my emotional condition started to improve. Now I am at a point where I still sometimes get blue but those times are far and few between. And not as intense. While earlier I would get all engulfed into the darkness, now I skillfully tread the waters until the darkness dissolves. I had begun thinking of myself as a complete and utter loser. Now I think I will be a loser only if I give up. I won't. And that makes for the previous random thought.

6 comments:

  1. hormone medications suck. I am on some too and from the moment I have started my emotions are swinging between the extremes.

    I can totally understand what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You a loser?? That's a completely implausible idea!

    *shakes head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AA_Mom: so you know now where to come if you need a picker-upper, okay? HUGS.

    Mummyjaan: Not inside my head it wasn't (an implausible idea)! Thanks for the vote of confidence though :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dipali - Thanks!

    Anon - Please explain. Moderator for which forum?

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?