I am sitting in front of the idiot box with my daughter right now. It is 1 pm on a Sunday - we are kicking back. Watching "The first Wives Club" on USA - one of my favorite movies. After watching the scene where Diane Keaton's husband tells her he wants a divorce and she finds out he is involved with her therapist, my daughter said in a timid voice "I hope that never happens to you and daddy". Awwwww baby! It won't. Never! Anyhoo, this conversation led to the following being recited by her -
"Cee & J, sitting in a tree,
K I S S I N G
First comes love,
Then comes marriage,
Then comes a baby in a baby carriage"
She is growing up - my little girl :D I replied with this -
"Cee & J were never in a tree
But there was some K I S S I N G
First came love,
then came marriage,
then came baby S in a baby carriage".
Know what she said? "Good. Now you have to get into a groove to say it!"
HUH?????!! She really IS growing up!
Hey, that's so cute :-)
ReplyDeleteYou know ,I watched the movie too.. today for the first time and really enjoyed it.
Cheers.
okay, this is frightening...how much more do they know that they never let on????
ReplyDeleteSS: LLLLovvvvve that movie! Saw it first about 7 years ago.
ReplyDeleteOJ: Yes - that thought IS frightening - their knowing more than they let on. And for this reason I am trying my best to keep the communication channels open and to send the message that it is OK to talk on any darn topic with mommy - she won't judge.
Do the groove then! If your daughter said it, it must be done.
ReplyDeleteNo exceptions. :P
HI GTN...thanks for your comment on my recent post. Just now getting arnd to the replies...teaching your daughter faith and tolerance....I think in essensce that is ALL you really need to do. But when you say faith....FAITH IN WHAT? WHO? Herself? mankind? God?
ReplyDelete:) girls are precious, I always say that!
ReplyDeletehey Cee Kay,
ReplyDeleteI had sent u an email unrelated to this post. I was wondering whether you got this. If you dont want to reply, I would understand.
Thanks,
nisha
TWI Punkster: Seems so, doesn't it? her wish - my command :P
ReplyDeleteAnd when she has supporters like you, I stand no chance!
Tharini: Thanks for dropping by. By "teaching my daughter faith" comment on your blog, I meant it in context with the subject of your post - faith in God. I have replied in the comments section on your post.
Orchid: Welcome back! Seems like your laptop is back :) Yes, girls are precious. So are boys - just a different kind of precious. The "slugs and snails and puppy dog tails" kind of precious. Dontcha think? :D
Nish: Sorry - I hadn't checked my email on that account in the last week and that is why you didn't get a reply. NOT intentional. I replied today though - hope the information helps. Keep in touch!