Thursday, April 19, 2007

What goes around...

In my younger, leaner days I once made fun of how my mom's belly "laughed with her". I loved the way it jiggled with every laugh. Soon afterwards my mom changed her lifestyle completely by taking up daily exercise and controlling her diet. She lost weight (a LOT of it) and became very fit. I went on to get married, gain 22 pounds in a year, shed it, get pregnant, lose all pregnancy weight but gain it all back and then some, get pregnant again 8 years down the road, gain another 20 ounds during the pregnancy.... you get the picture. The other day my daughter said "Mommy your arms are so jiggly!!!" and kept calling me "jiggly mommy" for the whole week. Life indeed has come a full circle **Sigh**

Well, one thought just struck me - I think life didn't come a full circle. It goes around in the form of a spiral. I made fun of my mom's jiggly belly, my daughter made fun of my jiggly arms and one day her daughter might make fun of some jiggly body part of hers. One can only hope - right? :D

4 comments:

  1. lol! yes, you can alter the geometry and then cross your fingers and hope that theory works! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah-

    maybe when her turn comes they will have some tech not to put on too much weight during preg- who knows

    ReplyDelete
  3. QVRE:)
    Been there done that!!
    I have same memories as you and completely agree to life coming back a full circle.
    I just hope you lose the weight as your mom ! For me no such hopes lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orangejammies: I'm hopin', I'm hopin'!!

    Artnavy: That would be too bad! Now where would the fun be in that? Huh??

    Whatsinaname: Pardon me, my French is a little rusty (and so is my German, Italian and Russian) - QVRE?? :P

    I too hope I'll lose weight this time around - I am wiser (change portion sizes AS SOON AS the baby is out of you!!)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?