I meant to post this as soon as we came back from Niagara. Couldn’t find the time, so didn’t.
Our trip was great. This was our 6th trip there. I just love that place. I told my mom - "This is where poor people like us vacation. People who don't have the money to go to Disney Lands and Hawaii and Australia and Europe...." Gosh! Do I sound bitter? Actually, I am not. I am just focused on saving enough for a house, so I don't mind not taking any vacations. Oh, it does hurt like he** when my daughter says "I wish we could go to Hawaii..." or something like that. But I know - this too, shall pass.
We started out later than we planned, but got there in time to take the “Maid of the Mist” tour and caught the fireworks at night. The hotel room was nice – we were staying at HoJo (Howard Johnson) and had booked “Crayola Rooms”. These are rooms that have been decorated by Crayola (the crayon makers) specially for kids. They had art specifically made for kids, bed covers, night lamps, alarm clocks all revolving around a colorful theme, a special table & chair set & an art easel. Our daughter was ecstatic! And I was happy to see her so happy. All in all, a relaxing a happy weekend. We came back from the trip on Sunday morning at 4 o’clock. Slept like logs till 9:30 and then it was just another Sunday – spent preparing for the next week.
I love going to The Falls. The water mesmerizes me. I love the Maid of the Mist tours – doesn’t matter that I have been in them 6 times! This time, since we now have our Green cards, we could have gone to the Canadian side. But we didn’t, because that would have meant leaving my parents alone on this side. Not that they would have been lost or something, but it just didn’t feel right. We'll make another trip to go to the Canadian side.
There is a new aquarium near the falls now. We took a tour through there too. They had a Sea-lion show when we reached there. Caught almost all of that on our camcorder before I ran out of tape. And then toward the end of our trip, the battery in the digital camera died on us. Classic story of our lives :P We did take the charger with us, but where do you suppose we could charge it after checking out of the hotel? But anyway, I am becoming less of a control freak so all our vacations don’t have to have pictorial evidence now :D
The rest of this week was crazy. Had loads of work to do – seems like a lot of problems arose while I was gone. And almost all of them had to be handled by me. I don’t mind that actually – I had been jobless for so long before this one came along, that I actually enjoy my day when it is packed full of emergencies : )
My mom and dad are great help. I don’t let them work in the kitchen much (of course – with my control freak-ish-ness what else would you expect?) but they spend a lot of time with my daughter which is the only thing I ever wished for, from them.
I promise I will post pictures from the trip soon – don’t go away!
That sounds like a lovely weekend! Waiting for the pics now.
ReplyDeleteYeah, pics please.
ReplyDelete