My whole life seems to be about waiting right now. I am waiting for the work-week to be over, waiting for my parents to get their visa so they can come visit us, waiting for my classes to start again (I miss college!!) and waiting to get a phone on my desk at work. The last bit is the most difficult. No, wait! The second part - waiting for my parents. Its killing me :( They were supposed to visit us last year (around the same time) but just a week before my parents' visa interview, my dad had a stroke. Thankfully, ma had the presence of mind ot take him to the hospital immediately so he is alright. (I thank my stars I have a mom who can keep her cool in times such as these - more about my mom and why I admire her in another blog). But the stroke left him with impaired vision in one eye (due to a small blood clot in the brain) and his doctors advised him against long distance travel for quite some time. Then, early this year my parents said they were ready to come visit us again and here we are - waiting for them to get their visa. They have "The Interview" tomorrow morning. I can't wait :((
I am excited! This will be the first time my parents will be visiting MY house (all those times when they visited me at my in-laws' place don't count in my opinion). So, I am under a great deal of pressure to prove to my parents that I am a good housekeeper. Oh, who am I kidding? They know how lazy I am :P Anyway, I am eager to show them the "home" my husband and I have set up for ourselves. Its not big (it's an apartment, and I HATE living in it!) and we don't have a lot of luxury items. But it is warm and cozy (well chilly yet cozy at times - specially when it is a 100 degrees outside) and a place where our daughter has the MOST childhood memories. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying SO HARD for my parents to get their visas.
Our daughter is excited too - I have told her that Nana-Nani will have only two jobs (yupp! EVERYONE in our house has to have a job)
1. Reading to her and teaching her how to read and write Hindi
2. Taking her out for walks
Well I know I cheated a little. I combined two jobs in the first one. You don't think they will notice - do you? I am going to absolutely FORBID my mom from entering the kitchen. She and Pa work very hard as it is, and both of them deserve some rest. Well, they can enter the kitchen when they have rested a little :P Did I tell you my dad makes a killer kabuli? (and poha too) My mom - she is a magician where regular food is concerned. And I am dying to cook for them - specially my "famous" dahibade. I know they will love them. This is the first time after getting married that I will celebrate diwali with them. I know they are looking forward to this trip as much as we are. So, won't you PLEASE pray HARD with me for them to get their visas?
Pretty please??!!
Don't worry. I am sure your parents will get a visa.
ReplyDeleteTake care and have a nice day.
Thanks Varun. They did get it - just recieved the call last night.
ReplyDelete