This well-known line from Verizon totally depicts my relationship with God these days :D He can definitely hear me. I was looking for a job - I found one. I was looking for mental peace - I'm getting there now (and hence my screen name for blogger.com). I desparately wanted my parents to get visa to come visit us - THEY GOT IT!!!! I am excited. I am elated. I am ecstatic. I am euphoric.
Now I am waiting for Him to hear another wish of mine. Will let you know when it is fulfilled. (Don't want to jinx it - do we?!)
This week started on a dismal note. But it is getting better by the day. I am learning to be optimistic again.
I have promised my daughter that today will be a no-yelling day for all of us. We won't yell at her if she listens promptly to us. Wink, wink. Good idea to get your kids to listen to you - innit? And if they don't (listen to you) and you do (yell, I mean) then its because they didn't keep their part of the promise. He he he... I am a genius!!
Now I am under a LOT of stress. Have to straighten out the apartment before my mom gets here and confirms her "lazybones" impression of mine. Have to call a few self-storage companies 'coz we have to find a storage space to dump our stuff to make space for their stuff. I realize we are becoming quite the pack rats. Its not like our apartment is very small - we have two bedrooms and two living rooms. Each bedroom has a wall-to-wall closet (not "walk-in" though), there are three more BIG closets to shove our stuff in and a laundry room too. Not bad for an apartment, really. But over the years we have collected sooooo much stuff, its disgusting. I am hoping my mom will throw most of it out when she gets here. I just have to tell her that I NEED it absolutely ;) Ha!
Anyways, gotta go! Lunch break is over!!
It doesn't matter how big your apartment is....if you have kids, there's never enough space.
ReplyDeleteNo-yelling days. What a novel concept. I'd say we'll try it but i'm not even going to bother kidding myself. : )
Hope you have fun on the parents visit !! I know what you mean about collecting stuff. When I moved to bangalore i went with three bags. I came back three years later with 12 !!
ReplyDeleteMint: you are SO right! Space is inversely proportional to number of kids :D And it doesn't help that everything of your kid's has some memory tied to it.
ReplyDeleteRat: Thanks, I am looking forward to their visit. Their tickets have been confirmed!!! I am soooooooo happy :P