Friday, August 12, 2005

One down, two more to go...

Days, that is. For what, you ask? Until my parents get here. Yes it is a big deal - to me. This is the first time in more than 7 years that they are visiting me. And the first time since I and my husband set up a home for ourselves. So, we are excited. And we are waiting with bated breath :D

This week was not so bad. Considering we saved ourselves a great deal of money. How much? I'd say about 40-45 grand. How? By not buying a new car :P We decided to buy an Acura MDX. Even took one out for a test ride. Lovvvvvvvved it. Then, two days later, my husband went to the dealership to start the paperwork (for registration, insurance etc.) and then we got cold feet. We calculated that we would be spending over 1000 dollars extra each month. And THAT made us say "Not yet!". It's not that we cannot afford it - but our priorities are different right now. We want to own a house first. We could, even if we bought this car. But this way we can do it sooner. Does that sound very "chicken-y"? I hope this turns out to be a wise decision....

Today is the last day of my daughter's summer camp. I am happy that she will finally get to relax and spend a couple of weeks as one should during one's vacation. I sometimes wish we had enough money and/or support to allow her to stay at home to and do NOTHING to enjoy her vacation. I remember that is how I spent mine. I would just stay in my room the whole hot day, sketch and read like crazy and come out only for food. Nothing else could entice me out from the confines of "my cave". I still miss those carefree days when my biggest worry was "What will I read when this book is over?". Well, the only consolation is - my daughter loves the camp. Maybe she doesn't know any better ;)

Ohhhhhh! This is a VERY long friday. I, and a few colleagues of mine, went out for lunch together. Came back after an hour and a half. And its still 3:30. TWO more hours to go until I can pack my bags and leave for the weekend. My boss is working from home today - smart fellow. Lucky too! I am just counting the loooooooong hours, minutes and seconds. I even warned a colleague "DO NOT mess with me on a Friday!" He got the message. Haven't seen him since.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! It's Monday, so by now your parents are finally there. Hope you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, things did turn out rather well, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So guess family bonding is going to keep you from blogging for a while ! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mint: Thanks for remembering! Yes they are here and YES we are having a great time. Thanks for dropping by.

    Anurag: I know, I know. Things did turn out well, after all. And now I guess you must be thinking "Na na na na na - I TOLD you so!" :D

    Rat: Thanks for dropping by. I am still going to spend 8.5 hours in office. So blog I will (how else will I get through the one hour lunch?) :D See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the post. Have a great time with your parents!

    Hey, thanks for visiting my blog.

    Gotta go now. Will come back later to check out more of your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by. And yes! We are having a good time. Come back sooooooon :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey your folks must be there by now! I went back and all your posts about the excitement of having them over. You must be having a wonderful time.
    And is the daughter getting her hindi lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Anumita!! I think we are both on my blog right now. I just posted a new one. Yes, we are having a wonderful time. Since my parents have been here only a week, the hindi lessons have not yet started in earnest - but a little bit, yes.

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?