Friday, February 13, 2009

The romance is not dead. Yet.

Not when he sneaks off to buy Valentine's day cards for the girls in his life. He only got caught because he bought the cards at a store he has never been to before, so the credit card company flagged the transaction and called in the evening to confirm it wasn't a fraudulent charge. As luck would have it, "she" took the call :)

Not when she slinks off to buy cards under the guise of getting candy for the older daughter to distribute among her classmates on V-day. And gets caught coming in the home with the bag of cards.

Not when they "hide" the bags in front of each other, secure in the knowledge that the other won't peek.

Not when they still enjoy these simple, silly little things in each other's company.

No romance, and more importantly LOVE, is not dead.

Yet. :P

It's been, what? 18 years? They celebrated V-day for the first time in 1991. When they were the best friends. Then came love. And roses. And cards. Then marriage. And kids. They haven't stopped. Don't plan on stopping.

Happy Valentine's day everyone!!

14 comments:

  1. now you made me all mushy.. may i offer you a pair of pink chaddis?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have a pair of nice satiny ones. So thanks but no thanks :)

    And anyway I have an OCD - I always buy a pink bra with pink chaddis. Never buy one without the other :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that romance isn't dead yet and your OCDs for pink chaddis/bras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RJ: I have this OCD with ALL undergarments. I buy them ONLY in pairs. never one without the other. :D

    Dipali, Rohini: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwwwwww....lovely!!!

    Happy valentines day to you too!

    may the love always be alive, and same with the romance :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is so great, so many people I know are getting divorced it is nice to see true love in action!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!! Wasn't expecting ANYONE to comment on this silly, mushy post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I'm sitting here in office and wanting to bawl my eyes out at the cuteness of this post. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?