Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Random Me!

I just did this someplace else and thought I should put it up on my blog as well. I have fun doing it! Here I share 25 random facts about me.

1. I love driving.

2. and cooking.

3. I am a "green thumb" wannabe. I grow many vegetables each year, kill a few plants and learn something in the process. One day I WILL keep a plant alive for more than 2 months. Just wait and see!!

4. I detest "brat-enabler" parents. If your child is a brat, I don't blame him/her. I blame YOU. You are a "non-parent" in my books. Don't say "What can I do? He/she doesn't listen to me." Do your job!!

5. I also detest parents who constantly berate their kids. Even if the kid is a brat. There are better ways of disciplining, you know!

6. I am still undecided about life after death. I would LIKE to believe there is life after death but I would like to reserve my decision/comments until after I have tested it.

7. Sometimes I can be butt-lazy.

8. I actually LIKE working out of home. But don't mind staying at home either, like I am doing these days.

9. I admire people who can be assertive for their rights. Me? I am a doormat! The kind that also has foot scrubbers for you to srub your feet on and leave all the gunk behind.

10. I love arguments of any sort. But I argue only on subjects that I know and am confident about. Which means I don't argue much. He he!

11. I would like to get completely drunk once.

12. I think the bravest thing I have ever done is to go through infertility treatment, considering I am scared (to death!!!) of needles.

13. From 12 it follows that I would make a lousy junkie.

14. I can tune out a toddler screeching at the top of her lungs. Doesn't affect me. After a while I can even pretend I am on a Hawaiian beach with waves crashing at my feet :P

15. Nothing grosses me out except vomit. Guess who cleans up throw-ups in our house? :P

16. I am a big fan of CSI - the original one.

17. I HATE almost all the actors in CSI: Miami but still watch it for the mysteries.

18. I can squint with both my eyes. That is LLTT for you!

19. I can scratch my own back. Any point.

20. I have never been able to make a decent dosa or idli batter in my life! Am still trying!

21. Number 20 follows from the fact that I am a die-hard optimist.

22. I have the ability to find at least one good quality in every person I meet. In even the people I don't like.

23. I hate talking on the phone.

24. I love gadgets of any kind. I don't necessarily want to own all of them. But I love "playing" with them.

25. I don't like talking about myself much. You can tell, no? ;)

9 comments:

  1. what is LLTT??
    i also hate everybody.. almost in CSI Miami.. but still watch it! :D
    am currently hooked to 'Lie to Me'.. :D

    loved this piece.. nice to know more abt thee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can offer to make No. 11 happen the next time we meet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats LLTT? Looking london talking tokyo :p
    Yups, we know you dont like talking on the phone, you prefer emails (but you do call up ur mommy and thats nice)
    And yes point 24 isnt correct, coz you dont like the hand scanner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raysh: LLTT = Looking London Talking Tokyo. Which school did you go to girl?? I must have heard this phrase at least a thousand times in my school days. Oh, maybe the YEAR made a difference :D

    Ro: Done. 11. When we meet next time. The only reason I don't do it now is that I don't want to dump all the responsibility for the girls on J even for a night.

    Preeti: Right! But you misunderstood about the hand scanner. I *heart* it!! I loved it. I was in shoppers' heaven when I was using it! I was talking about the isolating effect that these gadgets have on people (and I, personally don't mind that either :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Please train me on muting out an infant. I think I will spoil my daughter because I cant stand her crying. I cant even see her crying. I leave her at day care for 6 hrs and whenever I see her crying on the IPTV, I have a strong urge to go and pacify her. AS a result in the 6 hrs, I go in once in between for 20 min to feed her. Since she wont take the bottle from the teacher.
    I am scared to put it in writing but I think I will spoil her, make her a brat and also I think I will keep berating her.
    :(((((((((((( talk about confidence and self esteem as a mother!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. much fun reading this!

    I did the same on facebook....guess i'll put it up on the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading it. Liked the 4 and that is what i think too.It is only when you are in a joint family one cannot thoroughly practice it and i fear myself in such situations. I think and fel you are a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to no.15.

    Nice knowing some more about you :-)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?