Friday, December 23, 2005

This, my friend, is what they call LOVE

I am falling in love!

I am falling in love with my husband!!

I am falling in love with my husband all over again!!!

Long time ago, I realized that "my best friend" loves me dearly - and that it is not platonic any more. Very recently, I realized I still love him as much - or maybe more - even after 10 years of being married.

I know staying married for 10 (or more) years is nothing outstanding. Many others have done it. For much longer. What fascinates me is how close we have become over the years. We were such great friends from the beginning, I always thought we couldn't be any closer. Well, I was wrong.

Now, you must be wondering why I am ranting over something as simple as our love for each other. Something happened. Something that made me realize what a lucky woman I am to have him as my life partner. He loves me like I want to be loved, he takes care of me like I need to be taken care of and he respects my career aspirations as they deserve to be respected (after years of waiting). Soon after our 10th wedding anniversary, I brought up the question that had been nagging at me - even though his company is in deep trouble, he isn't looking for a new job. Why? Know what he said? He said he wants to give me the opportunity to pursue my career dreams and since both of us cannot do it and take proper care of our daughter, he would stick where he is (even though he isn't very satisfied there) while I can take my shot at success. He said he'd give me a year to get a few certifications and to get a better job. I am overwhelmed! Because he is willing to put his career on hold for mine. THAT, methinks, is the best kind of love, understanding and respect there is!

8 comments:

  1. Good that you finally realize it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always great to hear abt such companionships and here's wishing you both many, many more years of togetherness, companionship, sharing, caring, Love ...
    ardra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anu: Yeah I do! :D Good for him, na?

    Ardra: Thanks for the good wishes! I sure hope so too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all the best! And you guys sure deserve only the best!! Happy New Year, babes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. anumita: Thanks, and a Happy New Year to you too. Read a little about your trip to Egypt - glad ot know you had a good time there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful that he's so supportive. After 10 years together (married 6) I know that I'm one of the lucky ones too.

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..thats really a lovely gesture on his part!!

    wishing you many more years of such deep love

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... and that completes my picture of the happy, stable family.
    Use the opportunity well!

    So proud of you two. You've done well. :D

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?