Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Back on the radar!

A LOT has been going on while I dropped off the face of earth for the last couple of months. My parents were here for about 3 months – and while I enjoyed their company tremendously, my stress levels rocketed eventually with all the running around I was doing. I was working a new, full-time, job and we were in the process of moving our offices from one city to another. It was also the time around Diwali, Halloween and my daughter’s birthday (which means parties, parties and.. well – Parties!). On top of all that, we were going out shopping/sight-seeing almost every weekend. I had high BP, constant headaches and could even feel my heart pounding a few times – and that was NOT because I had seen my Prince Charming. Besides, after my last post, I really didn’t feel like blogging.

Anyway, here I am – again. Getting back to normal. Beginning to miss my parents again. And with a lot of things to share.

We started Infertility treatments this month. I know I wrote in my last post that I don’t want to go through it but obviously we changed our minds. Main reason being the two occasions when our daughter burst out in tears telling us how lonely she felt being an only child. Ofcourse, I was expecting that. But not this early. I always thought that she would probably be a teenager when she’d come and unload her loneliness on me and how I would talk to her about how hard we tried and how I understand her pain. But it suddenly hit me one day that I CAN’T understand her pain. I had a brother who would wait for me at the door when I came back from school. So we are undergoing treatment for infertility, hoping next year we can give our daughter the biggest gift of her life – a sibling (even though she might regret asking for one later :))

Just a little over 5 months after joining my company, I got a performance bonus AND a raise! It was totally unexpected (I wasn’t expecting any until I completed a year) and felt good to be recognized for all the hard work I put in during these 5-6 months.

I and my husband celebrated our 10th anniversary this year. I am sooooo excited though I don’t know why. I always thought we would do something “special” (maybe go on a cruise or for a vacation) on our 10th anniversary. But we didn’t. The same day, our daughter had the first practice session for the basketball program that we signed her up for. So we stayed home. Until noon. Then we went out for shopping and then dinner. But we did have a good time together. I and my husband are closer and much better friends and much more in love with each other than ever before. This hit home more poignantly upon our first visit to the Infertility specialist. I was telling him that I had been very depressed for quite some time after our daughter’s birth. He asked us if my depression ever caused either one of us stray (“Did either of you ever have an affair?” is what he meant). And I was SO SURE that my husband NEVER even thought about it – EVER! All through those tough years, when I was depressed and we were constantly fighting, I never had to worry about him leaving me for someone else. Do I ever worry about it? Yes, sometimes – probably when I am just having an anxiety attack. Do I think it will EVER happen? Nope! (Well, only time will tell :) - right Honey?)

On the day of our anniversary, my daughter did some calculation. And then she confronted me with the facts. “Mom? You got married in December, right? And I was born in October. Does that mean I was born before you got married mom?” “Ah, um….. ahem….. er… No dear. You see, we got married in December of 95 and you were born in October of 98. So….” “Oooooooooooowwhhhhhhhhhh!!” Her “OH” went up and down and all around suggesting that she hadn’t actually taken the years into account :D

I spent one full paycheck on clothes, shoes and accessories. OHHHHH!! Did that feel good! Let’s see – I bought a suit from Anne Klein for my company’s holiday party, a pair of trousers, a t-shirt and two jackets. At Liz Claiborne, I bought two pairs of trousers and a t-shirt. At Ann Taylor, I grabbed another jacket and a shirt. Bought me knee-high boots from Rockport and then 3 more pairs from another store and a purse that matches my suit for the holiday party. I am a shopaholic – I can shop all day long and still not feel tired. But till now I have had my addiction under check – I do it only once or twice a year (Though my husband might disagree on the statistics :P)

OK Now - back to work. Shoo! I have a 1000 things to do and only 2 hours to do them.

2 comments:

  1. want to wish you the Very Best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardra: Thanks for the good wishes. And for visiting my blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?