Friday, December 31, 2010

The year 2010

I feel a deep change in me this year. I am more at peace, more content, a lot more easy going than I was earlier. I don't know what brought this change. Maybe age (though I doubt it) - I did turn 40 this year. Or the online group of friends I have been hanging out with. They are a varied bunch and they have brought much laughter, sanity and clarity in my life and attitude. Maybe it was my daughters - I have learnt a lot from them. From S I learned perseverance and determination. From M I learnt to stay firm and not to be ashamed of having a mind of my own. Maybe it was J - he teaches me, by example, what devotion and responsibility is.

Whatever it is, it has made me a much happier person. J and I fight less, laugh more and get along better. I think I have become more tolerant. This year also, grudgingly, eased my pain of losing my father a bit. I still miss him but I cry for him less and laugh at his fond memories more. This year I have made a little bit more effort to reach out to my mom and brother and my friends as well.

All in all, this year has seen more ups than downs. I liked this year. It also helps that this year was a multiple of 10 which made my OCD self feel a little better :) 2011 better follow suit and turn out even better. But then, it will be what I make of it, right? So here is hoping that I make the best of 2011. And you do too. Happy New Year!!

6 comments:

  1. Wish you a very happy, peaceful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ritu, Vidya and Sands! Wish you guys a very happy and peaceful new year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh did I not reply here? I know I read it yesterday. Here's to a mellow year, Cee and Co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue! A mellow year, I would love to have :)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?