Monday, May 10, 2010

My inspiration, my ideal...

...my mom.

I guess I have never told you so, Ma. I look up to you in everything I do. You showed me it was possible to hold down a job and still care for a family. You showed me a woman could DEMAND respect, and that she DESERVED it. You showed me a parent has to be more stubborn than their kids for the discipline to stick. You showed me one should do whatever they can, for family. You always told me to think from the other person's point of view before judging or arguing with them. You showed me strength in the face of adversity. You have shown me how to bounce back from the worst of tragedies. You taught me to keep my head during times of crises. Above everything else, you always made me feel that I had a safe haven in your arms, should things go wrong for me at any stage of life. I try to follow these examples you set for me through your (and mine) life and hope that, one day, I will be at least half the woman you are.

Happy Mother's day Ma!!

2 comments:

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?