I'd still be married to J (yeah that one's non-negotiable :P)
I'd be a successful jetsetting executive in a company.
I'd be nicer, non-bitter, friendlier and saner.
I'd have THREE kids, with the oldest and the youngest being 4 years apart, at the most.
I'd still be nicer, friendlier and saner (after having the third kid).
I'd have had the kids without IVF.
I'd still have my dad and he would give the kids horseback rides and tell them stories.
I'd be living next door to my brother, his wife and our parents.
I'd be at a healthy weight. NON-obese.
I'd have the time and support to go to the gym.
I'd be reading a LOT of books and none of them would be textbooks.
I'd NOT be writing this post!
There! Introspection for the year - done!
OrbitBud
ReplyDeleteAww babe, Hugs..
Wish you had added "lived in a street full of my close friends" !!Yes i am nothing but greedy...
OB: Thanks girl! I like the idea - you and other close friends living down the street...
ReplyDeleteYou had have 3 kids ? My ! after having one, we donno about two. But 3 ? You are one brave gal :)
ReplyDeleteThe point about living close to parents and brother (sister in my case) ... I sooooooooo wish for that !
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post with a very thoughtful presentation. Loved it :)
ReplyDeleteIt's my first visit to your awesome blog and I must add, I simply fell in love with your 'About me page'
Keep up the fantastic work!!
Cheers!!
You sound to be quite a family man.
ReplyDeleteGood you got that of your chest but it apparently made you sound like a family man ;)
ReplyDeletei love OB's idea. wouldn't that be AWESOME?
ReplyDeletehugs!
in a parallel universe, i have a feeling i'd pretty much be doing the same thing i am now - too dumb.
In a parallel world , my thesis would just get done by itself i wouldn have to slog so hard !
ReplyDeleteLove your blog..so sincere and honest!
Lavanya: Yep. Three was, somehow, the ideal number for me. If we had had our second one earlier (i.e. NOT after an almost 9 year gap), we would definitely have tried for a third one. Or adopted one.
ReplyDeleteCA: :) I guess I should count my blessings. If I had still been living with my inlaws, I would not have been able to spend ANY festivals with my parents after getting married. I at least got to spend two diwalis with my parents - even though 2 out of 15 is still a sad number.
Chatterbox: Thanks! Keep coming back :)
ReplyDeleteMr Chowla: LOL! Was that tongue in cheek or was it really a mishtook? You do know I am a WOman, right? :D But yes - a family woman.
Ro: ROFL!
ReplyDeleteMonsie: Hugs back. To me, that you'd still be doing the same things in your parallel universe, sounds like you are balanced and content. Two great qualities I am striving for.
Gymnast: Thanks for dropping by. LOL! I wish we could at least buy tickets to go visit the parallel universe. You could go, get your thesis done, come back and get on with the rest of your life :D
ReplyDeleteI'd choose to live closer to my sister too - just met her and her family for 2 days, and already miss them
ReplyDelete