Friday, January 22, 2010

It probably is too late

but I'll write this anyway.

Happy Anniversary, dear hoosband. You and I have known each other for almost 20 years, loved each other for 19 and been married for 14. We have been through a lot together. Studies, boring lectures, interesting group discussions, tyrant uncles and aunts (well that one I went through alone but you were by my side holding me together), angry parents, controlling parents, financial troubles, secondary infertility, kids' health troubles... And we stood by each other through everything. I am sure we will weather anything life throws our way.

With you, life seems like a Foxtrot. Sometimes an easy pace, sometimes blurs by at a fast clip. But we keep pace with each other, swing together, never miss a beat. Of ocurse it took us a lot of hard work to find this rythm. But we couldn't have done it if you hadn't been willing. Now we are a team. I buckle, you lift me. You slow down, I fill in. Sometimes I don't even need to say what I am thinking because I already know you understand.

I often remember random incidents from the past and they bring a smile to my lips. Remember we rushed through the statistics paper (in 4th sem?) and then went to the "thadi" to have a "cut chai"? God, I HATED that chai. But I loved your company so I pretended to like it :) Remember the first time you bought me a rose? I do! Remember you gave that beggar kid an extra buck because he said "Bhagwan aapki jodi salamat rakhe"? And we weren't even dating then. It proves you had designs on me much before you let it on! :P Remember your first proposal? It broke my heart :( But I am SO GLAD that I made the right decision! I could never have found a better partner than you.

I think I can never say this enough - I love you. I love you like I have never loved anyone, ever. Happy (belated) anniversary dahlin'. Here's to many, MANY more. *clink*

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! May the partnership grow and grow forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those posts when I can just do this


    :)


    And the point is across.

    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww... happy anniversary, Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary :) May the love blossom into eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... such a lovely post. Kala tikka. And happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ossum. May you have many years of cutting chai and no cutting on the happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome. jodi sadaa salamat rahe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi salamat rakhe!!!! Happy Anniversary Cee and J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary !!
    Wishing you many many more ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww..beautiful Cee..Wish you both many more years of togetherness:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww wishing you two lovebirds the best. :) bohut bohut khushi your way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniv-that-was, Cee and Mr Kay. You guys sure seem to have lucked out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! Sorry couldn't reply to your comments earlier. Actually since the precedent had already been set (late post hence late replies :P) I was waiting for the "right" time to reply. He he he.

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?