I have had a recurrent dream in the past year or so. The uneasy feeling I got from it would stick with me even after I woke up. I only recently realized that it was an effect from that dream.
The dream was (is?) that I have final exams fast approaching - I get a sense that they are for my Bachelor's degree. And I suddenly realize that I haven't studied one paper of math AT ALL. It worries me but I try to convince myself that I will prepare for it well in time. And then I wake up. I feel relieved that it was all a dream.
Well, many of us have had that kind of dream some time or the other in our lives and I am well aware of what this kind of dream could mean. What scares me the most is - what if THIS is a dream, and THAT a reality??
I've had something like that too!
ReplyDeleteExcept that mine is a school exam.
Well, let's just let this be a reality and 'that' a dream. I have no intentions of giving exams in school again!
me too..me too..I have these elaborate dreams about I forgot to prepare for an exam, or prepared for another subject which was not in course or forgot that exams were approaching etc.
ReplyDeletehmmm..I think I need a dream analysis :)
My algebra SSC exam is a must dream every week.
ReplyDeleteFalling from the top of a building along with my.. hold your breath.. mattress! eeeeeek... Grab the mattress!! Yeah as though it'd save you! you are dead bozo!
ReplyDeleteWake up panting.. grabbing my mattress!
It is the fear of heights for me :(
ReplyDeleteRegarding Advertising...
ReplyDeleteTo whom it may concern
My name is Bharath Reddy Punuru. I was looking at your website and wanted to find out if it would be possible to advertise with you. I would be willing to pay you a monthly fee just to have a link to my website in your blog roll. No need for a banner ad or anything just a link to my site in your blog roll. I don’t know if you are accepting advertisers but basically I would be happy to pay just for a link.
Please let me know if you have any questions as I assure you I am a serious and would very much like to do business with you.
Please Email me:
workforpeter@gmail.com
Thank you very much,
Bharath Reddy Punuru
Sigh.. why is this dream so common?
ReplyDeleteHi there
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time that I am leaving a comment on your blog. Good work. I am relatively new to the blogosphere and enjoy reading your blog. I am a housewife on H4 in the US for the past 2 years now.
Anyway enough about me. I had these exam anxiety dreams after my dad passed away..I spoke to my homepathy doctor about it and he said it's because of stress and it will go away in time and once I come to terms with the loss. Just thought of sharing this with you in case it helps...
Bald Guy: I can't tell you how relieved I feel when I wake up :P
ReplyDeletePreeti: Get the analysis. Will make for an interesting blog post :P
Kiran: Chalo, at least I don't have it with that frequency!
Life: LOL! Get a thicker mattress maybe? :D
Sands: One of my "happier" dreams is that I am running quite fast and quite effortlessly :P
Chox: Dunno. Insecurities?
Suhasini: Thanks. Seems like a reasonable explanation. Thanks for delurking.