You are two today. You are fun. You are active. You are headstrong. You are a pleasure to have around except when you decide to be utterly disagreeable to anything and everything. Then you want to have nothing to do with us, and we are only too happy to oblige. Then, when you have had some time to yourself, you revert to your happy, sunny self. Or maybe not. I can't believe how chilled out we have become as parents! Your tantrums in public places don't embarrass us, your screaming fests don't faze us and your occasional hunger strikes don't send us into panic mode. We know you will eat when you want to eat and that is fine by us. You go to sleep without any fuss (most of the days) by yourself and that is the best habit we think you have. And of course, we proudly accept all credits for that! You wake up happy and sometimes let us grab some extra shuteye on weekends by playing quietly in your crib until one of us stirs. That consideration itself is a reward enough for all the tantrums you throw otherwise.
You have suddenly started speaking in 2-3 word sentences. You have started speaking clearly too, though I am trying my best to have you keep your baby language. Kakkay sure sounds way better than Thankyou, you know. And that reminds me - you are such a well mannered child at least when it comes to thanking people. You even say "kakkay" in your sleep when we cover you with your blanket on chilly nights. You just recently started saying "owwy" (sorry) when urged to do so, dropping all your reluctance and overcoming your ego, you little diva! And about 4 months ago you put my fears to rest when you stopped being in a constant competition with your sister. I used to worry that you two will grow apart emotionally due to the brattiness you constantly showed to and against your older sister. Now you seem to have accepted her as a part of the entire package :P
You like being independent and who are we to resist a blessing in disguise? Yes, it means you insist on buckling yourself into your highchair while we tap our feet impatiently. But it also means you clean up after yourself most of the times. Or help with the cleanup. And that you drink most of your milk without parental supervision and eat most of your food without us having to shovel it in your mouth. "Most" being the keyword here. I wouldn't mind feeding you the entire meal because, truth be told, that would be infinitely faster but I firmly believe in preparing my kids to be progressively independent. It is a good thing for both of us that you agree.
I loved the days when you started calling me "Mai". And I love how sweet "Didi" sounds coming from your mouth. I feel blessed when didi (older sister) replies in an equally sweet voice to your calls, no matter how busy, rushed or upset she is. I hope this love and bond between you two grows each day and stays long after we are gone.
You find it funny to run away when we are trying to take your picture. Or when we are trying to change your diaper. Or when you need a bath. In short - running away is GREAT FUN to you :) And you love gardening with us. It is another matter that gardening, to you, means picking up soil from one place and dumping at another, or poking fingers into leaves. Well, at least you don't make appetizers of the earthworms :P You love sneaking into your sister's room when she is away at school. I love how you pick one of her stuffed toys out of her ample stash and run out of the room waving it victoriously over your head. I also love how you put things back where you picked them up from if we ask you to "put it back". Even super-tempting knick-knacks you find in your sister's room.
There are way too many things you do, say and enjoy for me to list here. I'll just say that I am enjoying life with you. I am living in the moment. All of us are. We can't even begin to imagine what we did to pass our time before you came along. We can't remember who what we laughed at or spoke about. You have filled our lives with fun and laughter to the brim. We all love you darling. Happiee deeeey!
Aww, happy birthday, darling.
ReplyDeletelovely post cee. Happy budday to the lil princess!
ReplyDeletehappy deeey to the adorable two year old!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
ReplyDeleteShe sounds adorable! Happy b'day lil girl!!!
ReplyDeleteA very Happy birthday to M!!
ReplyDeleteYES! you should absolutely take credit for her sleeping habits!! Dunno about you, but i learned it the hard way with T2 :)
and i failed miserably with the food dept! t2 is too lazy and distracted to eat!
Kudos to you for keeping up your principle! Trust me, I know how hard it is!!
A great post as always!
Happy birthday again!
aww... habby budday!!
ReplyDeletecake?! :D
:)))) Happieeeee deeeeyyyy to the little darling :)
ReplyDeleteAwwww, what a cutie! Bless her, and a very very Happiiieeeee Deeeeeyyyy to her!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday.My best wishes and God bless.
ReplyDeleteAwww Happieeeeeeeeee deeeeeeey,little Princess..
ReplyDeleteyou Rock!!!
Happy birthday, princess :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday sweetie!
ReplyDeleteWow. How time flies. Happy Birthday little one!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday!
ReplyDeleteShe is such a lovely little girl. All good wishes to her on her birthday, and to her wonderful family.
ReplyDeleteHappy B'day to the little princess. :)Wish her the best always!
ReplyDeletewhoa! happieeee deey to the lil 2 year old! :)
ReplyDeleteAww... belated birthday wishes to M. God bless you with whatever you wish for. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteBelated birthday wishes, sweetie! Welcome to the terrific twos! :-)
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this? Belated birthday wishes li'l princess. Hope you had a fun day! :)
ReplyDeleteA belated Happy Birthday to M ! Lovely post.
ReplyDeletehey im from deccan herald, a b'lore based newspaper, and am doing a story on mommy bloggers. would like to interview you reg the same. can you drop me a line at ranjitha84ATgmailDOTcom? thanks
ReplyDeleteRanjitha