My cousin told me meditation works wonders for bringing your blood pressure to normal. I am game for anything non-medicinal that doesn’t require me to huff and puff. The procedure is quite simple, she said. She told me to close my eyes, breathe slowly and focus on just the breathing – in and out, in and out…
So I decide to try it one day. I settle down, in a dining chair. Do I HAVE to sit with my legs crossed? Oh pshaw!! Let’s not harp on ceremonies, shall we?! OK, then I close my eyes, pinch the thumb and index finger of both hands together and start breathing slowly.
So I decide to try it one day. I settle down, in a dining chair. Do I HAVE to sit with my legs crossed? Oh pshaw!! Let’s not harp on ceremonies, shall we?! OK, then I close my eyes, pinch the thumb and index finger of both hands together and start breathing slowly.
In… out… in… out.. hey! I think I can do this! in.... out… in… out… in… out… where is ninni? In… out… I don’t hear her which means she is upto some mischief… in… out… FOCUS Cee!! In… out… in… is she in the guest bedroom?? What if she is digging the diaper rash ointment out of its container?... ouuuuuuuutttt… innnnnnn… ouuuuuuuutttt… innnnnnnn… ouuuuuuu… oh, she is in the family room, which means she is probably only playing with the books there. That’s ok!… uuuutt… innnnn…. ouuuuuuuutttttt… innnnnnn… ouuuuuuu…… oh she is pulling my hand. What does she need now?...uuuttttt…. innnnn…. Hang on a minute baby!...nnnnnn….. ouuuuu…. Should I stop now? … uuuuttttt…. innnnnn… ouuuuuuuuuutttt innnnnnnnn ouuuuuuuuuuttt… I guess that is enough for today innnnnnnn… ouuuuuuuttttttt
WHEW!!! I feel great already!!
WHEW!!! I feel great already!!
LOL. That would be me too! Nice post. Good to see you back:)
ReplyDeletegood to see you post!!!
ReplyDelete:)))) same thoughts running through my mind when I 'TRY' to meditate/pray.
ReplyDeleteLOL! What did you expect??! Try it during her nap, na...
ReplyDeleteTry when she's asleep! It'll be as difficult:)
ReplyDeletelol! nice to see your post.
ReplyDeleteOi you clown! I can barely fold my sad knees. Good to see you post !
ReplyDeleteLol! I was beginning to wonder about your absence.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, experts say that it is ok to be distracted, you'll get it over time and practice.
:) I sit with N my lap to do puja and my mind is totally focused on not letting her touch stuff on the puja table. I dont even know if god is accepting those prayers :)
ReplyDeleteAndddddd she's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! welcome back Cee!!!this is a nice comeback post..please dont disappear again!
ReplyDeletegosh this long silence was due to meditation, don't tell me. Glad to see you back. It definitely happens.
ReplyDeleteMeditation? For me ==> Wow it's really nice to not be doing something and just sitting still enjoying myself [sinking feeling sits in] Oh crap I have to be doing XYZ in 15 minutes! Then I run out the door, Mini-me laughing, and once again my illusion is shattered.
ReplyDeletewelcome back!!
ReplyDeleteit was funny! but i hope u keep at it - try kapal bhati and anulom-vilom...
and do yell at me for NOT doing it. I've been finding some excuse not to work out! been almost a month since i did a decent workout!
Sand, Dottie, Mnamma: Thanks! Mnamma, "try is the keyword for me too :)
ReplyDeleteRohini, Dipali: :D Yep, naptime is reserved for "conversing" with some friends ;)
2B's Mommy: Thanks! I see that YOU have been pretty regular in blogging. That to with a new job? Wow!
Eve's Lungs, Subha: :) Good to be back.
NC: Oh you bet God is accepting those prayers! God doesn't stand on ceremony. And that you are teaching N to pray is earning you brownie points with God :P
ReplyDeleteMimi: He he - can't say I won't disappear again.
Sumana: Meditate THAT long? I wish! ;)
Lumi: The "not having to do anything" is what attracted me to meditation the most ;)
GND: Yep - been trying to figure out WHEN to do Pranayam. You see, it has to be done on empty stomach (or at least 4-5 hours after a meal) I am eating 4-5 small meals these days so don't go hungry (well, normally) for more than 3 hours :(( The time when I do stay without eating for more than 4 hours is when I have M playing around too :( OK - here is a YELLLLL for you. Now go set up a workout schedule :P