Yesterday, while I was driving home from work (and was stuck in a miles long traffic jam), I got a call from home. It was J calling to ask me "How do you calculate LCM?" Now, I and J have almost identical academic background (We both did our Bachelor's with Electronics as our major, then Master's in Computer Management from the same university) - except that I have studied more Biology than he has and he has one year of Law school under his belt and an extra Master's degree (which I will rectify as soon as I can do a Ph.D. or an MBA - heh!).
And not to mention that he has a LOT MORE work experience than me (and common sense, patience, maturity, business sense - to name just a few).
So, I explained to him in the most kid-friendly terms so he could, in turn, explain it to S. And then I hummed ALL THE WAY HOME!!!! :D
Unmana: LOL!
ReplyDeleteWell, Do you??
Life's li'l pleasures indeed!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby woke me up on a friday night to solve a differential equation (for a course assignment). This was 2 months back...I haven't let him forget it :)
ReplyDeleteThis post hit me really hard..:-(.I did not remember what LCM was till I clicked on the link!I am really gonna have a tough time teaching nitin maths now!
ReplyDelete*lol* least common multiple...something that one will never use again after learning it, of course I never told my daughter that!
ReplyDeleteI am shocked! I couldn't even expand LCM correctly, leave alone know how to calculate it.
ReplyDeleteHowz the baby?
Btw, tagged you.
Having dated a mathematician, I was in the habit of handing over even the simplest of calculations to him. So now I pretend that I'm clueless because I'm rusty when it's actually the other way around ;0)
ReplyDeleteLOL!
ReplyDeleteIt feels great, doesn't it? I know the feeling...
Sometimes though, I think my hubby asks me stuff just to humour me because he knows I feel wretched about not being able to work.
Either way - I'll take whatever I get!
LOL. I just spent the last 10 minutes on that purple match page trying to figure it out.
ReplyDeleteLOL!! this is cool. how are you doing? almost there now :)
ReplyDeleteoh damn yes.. i forgot that when you have babies you need to do a refresher in everything you learned. i get it. we go to school and learn a lot of rubbish only so that we can help our kids with homework.
ReplyDeleteHey, How are you doing ?? I see that there are just a few more days left to go for the d-day :) and just wanted to say hi and hope you are keeping well.
ReplyDeleteYou have been tagged
ReplyDeleteHey...saw ur comment on Rohini's. Sending good luck and prayers your way. Hope things sort out for you soon.
ReplyDeleteOrchid: Indeed!
ReplyDeleteAnisha: :D
SS: Differential equations??!! WOW! Now THAT's something! :P
Unmana: Gooooooooood!!
Nitinsmom: Don't worry. you can use the link in the post to learn ;)
Lumi: Some secrets are best left for them to figure out :D
SM: Baby is doing great - thanks for asking.
OrangeJammies: :o)
Moppet's mom: Maybe your hubby is pretending that he asks you just to make you feel better. Maybe he really doesn't know? ;)
Mint Chutney: Hey! Welcome back! Long time, no see. I missed you.
ReplyDeleteTrishna: Yup. Almost there! I am doing great - thanks for asking.
Mad Momma: Oh yes! Wait till the fun starts :D
SS: Thanks for checking up on me. I am doing fine. Will know tomorrow for sure if the baby is coming right now or later. Waiting for the results of 24 hour urine test to see if I have preeclampsia.
Rohini: Thanks for the tag. I will do it as soon as I can.