...why the dumbest users have the BIGGEST egos??
...why the traffic jams up just as you hang up the phone after telling your spouse you should be home in time since the roads are clear?
...why even one out of 20 million sperms can't find the egg?
Actually, I know the answer to the last one - it is because none of the lousy buggers would stop to ask for directions!
Yeah - that's me. Trying to find humor in a situation that is making me miserable. this cycle didn't work either. And yesterday I received the “Third trimester” issue from BabyCenter magazine that I had signed up for when I conceived in November last year, not knowing it was for nothing. I unsubscribed from the electronic newsletter but I guess I forgot to unsubscribe from the magazine. Anyhoo – life goes on. It must.
The In-Laws are arriving June 30th. I am both, looking forward and dreading, the visit. Latter, because I am an intensely private person and wouldn’t feel comfortable sharing the every-day details of infertility treatment with them. I know, the first thought that comes to mind is – “Private person? What the heck is she talking about? She writes about these very details in her blog, for goodness’ sake!” Its true – but you see the blog offers me anonymity AND the choice of whether I want to reveal these details or not. Or when. I usually write when I feel I can handle the emotions – not right then and there. But when you live with someone, and they see your long face and want to know what happened, you don’t get to choose the timing. You either tell, or you don’t. Or you just hide what’s bothering you and go on with your routine. The first option makes me uncomfortable, the second one hurts some one else’s feelings and the third one creates stress for me. Well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. ** Chucks the thought out of her mind until the said bridge looms ahead**
Have a happy weekend, everyone! I will try, too.
I always find the 'hide what's bothering you' thingy works well with my in-laws. I find the endless discussions, opinions and sympathy tend to exacerbate my nerves more than the stress of keeping it to myself...
ReplyDeleteRohini, I know what you mean. I am thinking of doing the same. It helps that my husband understands and is ready to help me out there.
ReplyDeleteI admit I do the same thing and it's worked well for me for the past 7 years.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.
It will happen, so hang in there. And take care.
ReplyDeleteMint, M: Thanks for dropping by. Yup! I am hanging in there - new cycle, new hopes :D
ReplyDelete