Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fall Colors 2005

Last year, when my parents were visiting us, we went to New Hampshire to see the fall colors. We do that every year - around the 2nd week of october, we take off on a road trip to New Hampshire, Vermont or any such place that has an abundance of fall colors. We get some pretty colors in Norwalk, CT too but these trips have almost become a tradition for us. On every trip, I take lots of pictures. I always try to get at least one shot each of a) A sunset, and b) Reflection of trees in the still waters of a lake - any lake. This time, it was cloudy and foggy when we started out on our trip, so no sunsets. but we did manage to get some beautiful pictures. I've been thinking of posting them here but there was so much going on I never got around to doing it. Here they are now.



We started out early. It was not sunny but it was beautiful. I particularly prefer this kind of weather to a bright, hot sun. I attribute it to the fact that I grew up in a desert town and have had enough sun to last me a life time.

Picture take from inside our CRV - going north on CT-15. It is a parkway - one of the most beautiful areas I have seen around here.





The clouds started rolling in fast - but we weren't complaining. It was good to be together. Even in the dull light, the colors looked beautiful.

I took hundreds of picture like this one. They never come out as beautiful as the scenary is but I take them anyway. Dunno why. In my opinion no camera, however sophisticated, can imitate the human eye in the way it (the eye) captures the scene, the colors and the images. If you personally witness a beautiful scene and capture it on the lens, you'll find that there is always something lacking. The beauty doesn't quite translate that well on paper (or on the screen in case of a digital camera).









There was something about this tree - half naked with some colors and some green still left in it that caught our eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?