Sunday, July 03, 2005

So you want to know me a little better, do you?

Mint started it all here. I thought doing this would be fun. Besides, I haven't posted in a long time. Here goes....

1. I don’t smoke.
2. I don’t drink – maybe a glass of wine once every six months, but that’s it.
3. I don’t do drugs. Never have.
4. I wanted to smoke very badly once when I was in college. My husband (then my boyfriend) held me back. And I thank him for it now.
5. I like to read murder mysteries.
6. I like to watch thrillers/action-adventure movies.
7. I hate reality television.
8. I love romantic comedies.
9. “Step Mom” is one of my favorite movies.
10. I loooooooove shopping :)
11. I love driving, too.
12. 12 years after completing my Masters in Computer Management, I am still studying. I don’t think I shall ever stop studying. I enjoy it way too much.
13. I love my husband and my daughter very much.
14. I love and respect my parents very much.
15. My brother was my first, true best friend.
16. My husband is my confidante, best friend, pillar of support.
17. I still miss a lot of friends I lost touch with.
18. I love to cook.
19. I love to cook for people who love to eat.
20. I sometimes worry about my parents’ health, wondering if they will get the pleasure of watching my daughter grow up.
21. I am very career-oriented.
22. I am very loyal to my friends.
23. I like being by myself sometimes.
24. I like being with friends sometimes, too.
25. My idea of a nice evening is to have dinner with some close friends, sit around and talk or maybe play monopoly or scrabble. Oh, and the kids are already in bed!
26. When eating out, I am not an experimentalist – I like to stick with the choices that I have already tried and tasted.
27. I am an experimentalist when I cook.
28. I believe that being a “working-out-of-home” mom will make my daughter more independent.
29. I like to help people.
30. I would like to have a little more money (who wouldn’t?) but money isn’t “be all, end all” thing for me.
31. I was very depressed for over two years after my daughter was born – because of a number of factors. They included poor post-partum care and unemployment among other things.
32. When I was a kid, I was very ashamed of my big feet. With time, I learnt to counter criticism (directed at my feet) with “Tall buildings need big foundations”.
33. I am a survivor.
34. I don’t like participating in organized religion. I have religious beliefs, I am tolerant to others’ beliefs and I expect them to tolerate mine.
35. I don’t like politics so I behave like an ostrich where politics is concerned. Bury my head in sand…
36. For me it is very important that my daughter goes to college and has a good career.
37. I used to be a funny, bubbly person. Now I am just a little funny.
38. I regret not learning any musical instrument.
39. I grew up in a desert town.
40. I used to sketch. Now I don’t.
41. I believe terrible parenting begets terrible kids. A kid has to have one good influence in his/her life.
42. Rudeness leaves me speechless. I come up with a million answers to someone’s rude comment five days later : (
43. I feel I am blessed to have my daughter. She is a great kid.
44. When I was pregnant, I wanted a girl and I wanted her to be born in the month of October. Desparately. Why? I don’t know. Both my wishes came true. (My due date was November 9th and my daughter was born on October 31st).
45. I love spending money on books.
46. I don’t listen to many English songs. Absolutely know nothing about western music and am not ashamed in saying so.
47. I am trying to get more knowledgeable about western music. I already know a LOT of nursery rhymes ;)
48. I love western novels. Specially those authored by Loius La’Amour.
49. I make new friends very slowly and break old friendships slower-ly. (If I have to)
50. I still haven’t told you a lot of things about me!! Maybe next time…

8 comments:

  1. I think I do know you very well. Nothing surprised me here, execept that you wanted M to be born in October. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand, I think you would be shocked by my list, if I ever mustered the courage for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just goes to show my great communication skills! he he he he
    You, on the other hand, need to communicate more to me. No excuses! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to communicate more with a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for your list, I agree I don't know you that well anymore. But I don't get surprised that easily. Try me! Aaaaaaaaaand, who says I revealed the most shocking truths about me? NOT in the first go, anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love #42! You and Anurag know each other? Where's his list?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mint: Ummmm.. yes! I and Anurag know each other. I don't know where his list is - maybe even he doesn't know. Or maybe, it is too scandulous to publish on a blog :D Right Anurag??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this was fun Ceekay. I think I got to know you a lil better after reading this post. Love your honesty and self-belief - I think it is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?