Sunday, July 10, 2005

Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be...

I am in a reflective mood today. An hour and half trip to New Jersey (and another 1 1/2 hrs back) does it to me. I think a lot and that is the time I and my husband talk the most. Maybe because there are no chores or TV programs to distract us. Pathetic, isn't it? :)

Anyway, today I was thinking of (some) things that could have been. Like how I always wanted to be a career woman, and then had to go without a job for over 5 years. And now my career is just starting. How I always wanted three kids, for instance, with very little age difference (maybe 15-18 months apart - I know I wasn't thinking straight when I wished that!). What happened in reality? I have one daughter - 6 1/2. I never thought I and my husband would leave his parents' house (we lived in a joint family) and here we are - in Ummreeca :P I was thinking all this and then this song began playing in my head - "When I was just a little girl..........". Haven't been able to get rid of it since :( I do that a lot - think of the past and of things that could have been. Been trying to get rid of that habit - almmmmmost there!

A couple of weeks back, we went to see "Bunty and Babli". Liked it. But in the beginning I was worried about what message my daughter will pick up from the story. After all, she is only 6. Running away from home and living a fun life might seem fascinating. So, she comes to me today and says "You know? Every movie has a message in it for us!" "Really? What do you think this movie wanted to convey?" (We were listening to songs from "Bunty and Babli"). "Well, I think it says don't lie and don't trick people". Hmmm. I have been thinking - is my daughter seeing someone on the side for "parent advice"? I don't remember discussing this with her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?